Great Buys At Ac Moore And Joanne Store

Decorating By Sophie-Em Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 8:43pm by MissT

Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 8

I went yesterday to our local AC Moore craft store. I was sent a coupon in the mail for 50% off anything not on sale. I was able to get the Wilton 3 Tier Cake and desert stand for $12.99 instead of the regular price of 26.99. I also went to Joanne fabric store and got the Candle light cake stand. They were trying to clearence them out at $10.00 a piece regular price was $39.99. Sales like these don't happen very often. Anyone hear of any other sales happening?

7 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 8

I have never heard of AC moore...what is that store like? Do they sell a lot of cake supplies?

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 8

I've not seen the Candle Light cake stand..sounds interesting..I may be taking a trip to AC Moore tomorrow!! THanks for the tip...

Cindy

Theav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theav Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 8

AC Moore seems to have the best prices in my area. There are two michaels each a half hour away. I bought something from one store that was $19.99. I went to the other store and the same thing was $15.99. When I mentioned it to the clerk and they gave me the difference back because I still had my receipt on me. You have to watch those stores.

Maire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maire Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 8

Did you know too that most of the craft stores -- Michael's , A.C Moore, Joann, and the RagShop that I know of, will honor their competitor's coupons?

I cut coupons for all of those stores, then usually end up at Michael's because its the closest.

If I have to, I"ll buy one thing, go put it in my car, buy another with a different coupon. might take longer & I can't do it if I"m shopping w/ my husband or daughter, but hey, if I can save $10-$15, I'll deal with the extra trips!

Theav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theav Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 8

I often use my kids to avoid going in so many times myself and of course they love that.

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 8

From what I understand, Michael's and AC moore are sister stores. Or should I say, brother stores?!?! icon_confused.gif

I'm heading to town today. I should check out Joanne Fabrics. I'm hitting Ben Franklin, already.

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maire

Did you know too that most of the craft stores -- Michael's , A.C Moore, Joann, and the RagShop that I know of, will honor their competitor's coupons?

I cut coupons for all of those stores, then usually end up at Michael's because its the closest.

If I have to, I"ll buy one thing, go put it in my car, buy another with a different coupon. might take longer & I can't do it if I"m shopping w/ my husband or daughter, but hey, if I can save $10-$15, I'll deal with the extra trips!

Have DH and DD each use a coupon to buy something also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%