Anyone Have An Actual Shop?

Baking By lhayes1976 Updated 22 Jun 2007 , 2:47pm by cat633

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 7

I really would like to start a cookie bouquet business. The only other cookie bouquet business listed in the yellow pages in our city is the big franchise. A home based is out of the question, but I feel like the market is there. Right now I am only selling by word of mouth and I have had a good number of orders and have even had to turn down a few because of short notice. I believe with advertising I could actually make a go of it. I would also like to sell cookie cutters and supplies for the home-baker. I teach school right now, but my daughter has expressed interest in becoming my partner. I've been researching and most of you seem to think that cookies are just too time consuming. Is there anyone who has a small little shop that sounds similar to my vision?

6 replies
lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry about double post, I meant to post this in the Business forum.

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 7

I have a licensed kitchen in my lower level, but I dream of owning a little shop someday, too. I definitely agree there is a market for these novelty cookies. I think a shop would bring in so much more traffic, advertising, credibility, etc. I think about having a little area for birthday parties as well. Oh what fun!!

Can anyone offer us some advice on this subject? Thanks!

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 7

I WISH!!!!!!

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 6:54am
post #5 of 7

I wish too. Someday!!! princess.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 8:10am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscookies

I have a licensed kitchen in my lower level, but I dream of owning a little shop someday, too. I definitely agree there is a market for these novelty cookies. I think a shop would bring in so much more traffic, advertising, credibility, etc. I think about having a little area for birthday parties as well. Oh what fun!!

Can anyone offer us some advice on this subject? Thanks!

Great minds think alike.. I'm in the midst of looking for a shop and that was in my business plan, an area to have birthday parties and let them decorate cookies or cupcakes...

cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 7

I am in the proccess of opening a shop with my mom. We are doing cookies and cakes. I handle the cookie end of it. We were renting a church kitchen and getting so busy we either had to expand into a shop or start refusing orders. We stumbled across a perfect shop and it has just gone from there. Everything is just falling into place. Hoping to open the beginning of July. I'm so excited.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%