Need Spa Idea

Decorating By keriskreations Updated 12 Aug 2006 , 11:24pm by traci

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 15

I'm doing a cake for a bridal shower I'm attending, and we're having a spa party. The invitations had adorable flip flops on them that I can re-create definitely. My dilemma....I'm not really wanting to make a flip flop shaped cake, so I'd like to expand on the "spa" theme. I am just not feeling very creative - any ideas on what other "things" I could make that would go along with the theme? I'm open to anything to be made from fondant or gum paste.

Hope that makes sense. Your creativity and ideas is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!
Keri

14 replies
frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 15

How about a folded towel and maybe a bottle of lotion or something like that?

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 15

Perhaps small wine glasses or martini glasses. Eye shades, or a bikini?

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 15

massage table, oils, foot bath, nail polish, sauna... HTH

be sure to post pictures after

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 15

How about a face shaped cake getting a facial? (green mud mask, cucumbers on the eyes, etc. Or a hot tub cake?

Something a little more sophisticated might be petit fors with sugared flowers or fruits on top. Sounds like a fun shower, can I come?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 15
oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 1:28am
post #7 of 15

To expand on the face with mask and cucumber slices on eyes idea- I was envisioning the same thing lol, cept make the cake the shape of a mudbath , doesnt have to be hugely long, or deep, but so the head (as in the face in the cake pic previously posted) is sticking out of the mud/water leaning against the edge with a rolled up towel or whatever. the rest of the body is of course under the mud so none of that would be showing.

oh and even have some fondant (or real) tea lights around the edge of the tub icon_biggrin.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 2:16am
post #8 of 15

Thanks Lisa! That's exactly the cake I was thinking about (I was just too lazy to find it. LOL)! icon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 3:53am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsandraven

Thanks Lisa! That's exactly the cake I was thinking about (I was just too lazy to find it. LOL)! icon_smile.gif

That's the first one that came to my mind too icon_lol.gif

I wouldn't have been able to find it if it weren't in my faves. The gallery search is acting wonky and returning too many results when I search for spa. I know I've seen other cakes like this and I'd love to see them too if anyone has a link or knows who made them.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:01am
post #10 of 15

Awww....thanks Lisa! icon_lol.gif I was coming to mention the spa themed cake and the bathtub cake that I did too, ( borrowed ideas from another CC members) but Lisa beat me to it. Maybe something like one of these would be really fun for your party too.
Be sure to post a picture when you're done!

KimAZ

jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:02am
post #11 of 15

maybe a pale blue box or basket w/ a rolled up towel and some faux massage oil bottles, bath bubbles, etc. you could do labels and everything!

keriskreations Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:35am
post #12 of 15

See, I KNEW ya'll would have great suggestions!! They are ALL great, and I love the face cake.....how ingenious! Every time I visit this site, I learn/see something new.

I like the idea of the facial, massage oils, etc....LOTS of stuff to work with here. I appreciate it so much! Thanks for making me feel so welcome on this site being a "newbie". I can ask anything, and get great answers...even though they are probably ridiculous to all you seasoned decorators!

The cake is for next weekend, so I'll definitely post then.

Thanks again everyone!
Keri

hollysu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollysu Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 11:11pm
post #13 of 15

Here is one I did for a spa theme.

http://hollyscakes.com/images/birthdays_children/girls/images/BDG12_jpg.jpg

Like the other posting but in 3D type.

HTH
Holly

keriskreations Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:14pm
post #14 of 15

So, I did the cake, and it was a huge success today! I ended up going with the bathtub idea. I think it turned out pretty cute. My head and pillow were heavy, so overnight they ended up falling out of the cake, and the entire back fell apart. I was able to glue everything back together with extra icing. LOL It was a little lopsided too. icon_cry.gif BUT, it's my first attempt at a stacked cake, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I was actually thrilled with my writing, other than the C. I don't think I write well, so I was happy about that. Here's the picture so everyone can see what ya'll helped me create! icon_lol.gif

Thanks everyone!
LL

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:24pm
post #15 of 15

I had to look in your photos...the cake looks great. thumbs_up.gif Very creative idea...I am sure everyone will love it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%