Roses Upon Roses

Decorating By 29apr00 Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 4:57pm by USMC_SGTs_Lady

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:04am
post #1 of 7

I found this in the Wilton Tiered Cakes book. It is actually supposed to be 1 of 3, but since it was jsut family, i only made 1. OMG the time i spent on flowers!! If i had actually made all 3 cakes, i would have had over 1000 flowers sitting around my house!! Where do you put them all!!?!?

Anyway, man i wish i could get my icing more smooth. I really think i'm going to try the roller method next time.

Over all, i think i did pretty good. It was super hard to try and get the pink ontop of the white like that!! No matter how hard i measured or how many times, i still came out with 5 scallops instead of 6. oh well.

jennifer

LL

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:17am
post #2 of 7

you certainly have lots and lots of patience.

and with all those flowers--who is really going to pay attention to how smooth the icing is.

they're just going to be totally blown away by all your hard work and how lovely the cake looks.

delaware Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delaware Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:25am
post #3 of 7

I agree that is a lot of roses! I usually "hide" my flowers in an out of the way place otherwise the kids get into them.

I tried the roller method for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I loved it! Worked great!

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:39am
post #4 of 7

I love the upside down frosting method for smooth sides. Here is the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article6-Upside-Down-Icing-Technique-for-Perfectly-Smooth-Icing.html

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:45am
post #5 of 7

Lovely flowers!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 7

BEAUTIFUL, I use a combo of the viva and the roller!

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:57pm
post #7 of 7

great patience on making all those flowers....love the pink and white together
to get my cakes smooth with crusting BC I use a peice of parchment paper and rub the cake with my finger tips to smooth out everything....I have never used any other method b/c this one works for me so well...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%