Photo Gallery Question

Decorating By carabear Updated 16 Jul 2007 , 7:22pm by luv2cake

carabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carabear Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All...
I have been trying for a while to post pictures of my cakes here. I figured that I had my camera on a setting that was too many megabites, so when I did my last cake my DH changed the camera so it is within the allowed range. However it keeps coming up as ERROR - No picture uploaded. Am I doing something wrong? I just can't seem to get it to work! I have tried several times. icon_redface.gif Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel bad using this site and not giving back by posting my photos...

8 replies
anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 9

Make sure your file is smaller than 2000kb. Sometimes the server is busy and you just have to try again. As long as you fill in the necessary blanks, chose a folder for you pic and find you pic on your pc when you "browse" for it and then hit upload pic, it should work.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 9

You don't have to change you camera settings to achieve the correct size pictures for CC uploads. You can download a Photo Viewer called IrfanView which is a free program. With this program you can resize very large pictures down to the 800x600 size needed for CC uploads with the click of your mouse no computer masters degree needed icon_wink.gif I use that program to resize all of my photos and it works great.

delaware Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delaware Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:17am
post #4 of 9

I always email a picture to myself. My email server asks if I want to make my pictures smaller and I just say yes. Then I copy that picture and use it for the gallery. May be a round about way of doing it, but it works for me!

carabear Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:15am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the replies! I will try the suggestions.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware

I always email a picture to myself. My email server asks if I want to make my pictures smaller and I just say yes. Then I copy that picture and use it for the gallery. May be a round about way of doing it, but it works for me!

How do you copy it and use it in the gallery? When I upload to the gallery, it wants a URL or sorts to find the picture.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 9

Once you email it to yourself you will open the email and download the photo and save it to your hard drive. Once you are here at CC you click on Browse (in the upload form) and you will want to open where ever you saved the picture to, normally My Pictures folder, and double click it, add a decription in the type box and then click submit icon_wink.gif

carabear Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 12:54am
post #8 of 9

thanks so much! I was able to upload my photos! Thanks again. icon_wink.gif

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 9

Good question! I was just jumping on here to find out the same thing.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%