Great Idea For Custom Gift

Decorating By anorris3 Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 11:05am by blessBeckysbaking

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 6

I made my husband and dad photo books on shutterfly this past father's day. They turned out really great and the site was pretty easy to use.

I was just thinking that you could make really great custom cookbooks with them. For example, on a two page spread you could include a picture of say a fabulous cake you've made and then instuctions on how to make it.

I know sometimes my family thinks I'm off my rocker with my new hobby especially considering the time/money I have put into school. I think this would just be a good way to showcase our work to families or friends. Or heck even ourselves icon_lol.gif

Just so you know a 5x7 20pg book costs 12.99

5 replies
jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 6

That sound like a really great idea.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 6

I use www.blurb.com for my photo books and have been very happy with the quality of the paper and print.

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 6

Blurb looks great especially if you wanted to take your books to the next level plus their pricing is good. Thanks for sharing that site.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 6

Funny, I just posted about using picaboo.com for custom made books then saw this post.

I just made myself a book with many of my cake pictures and it turned out really great!

KimAZ

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 11:05am
post #6 of 6

all these posts about photo books how cool is that

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%