Sugar Cookies

Baking By cakegirl68 Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 9:43pm by Shazzana

cakegirl68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl68 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 7

I need help with sugar cookies, I want to make them with the hard icing, but I am not sure what kind of icing covers the cookie design. Please help icon_cry.gif

Thank you

6 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 7

If you mean for decorated cookies like for cookie bouquets etc, it's Royal Icing (RI). This recipe is excellent:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-Antonia74-Royal-Icing.html

-Rezzy

GingerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GingerCakes Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 7

Royal icing is pretty, but does not taste very good. I would use butter cream, just allow it to crust. (You can also stick the decorated cookies in the freezer to harden the bc.) This works well unless you need to stack them up.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerCakes

Royal icing is pretty, but does not taste very good. I would use butter cream, just allow it to crust. (You can also stick the decorated cookies in the freezer to harden the bc.) This works well unless you need to stack them up.

I love the tast of RI on cookies! I flavor mine with a little almond and vanilla extracts. Sometimes a little creme bouquet. You can get a nice flavor with different extracts.

cakechica27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechica27 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 7

I frost all of my sugar cookie with royal icing. It leaves a really smooth, solid covering that's perfect for additional royal icing details, candies, dragees, etc. If you add a little butter extract, it gives it a rich, buttery flavor. I use powdered sugar, meringue powder, clear vanilla, almond, and butter extracts to get a thick, smooth icing that tastes great.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 7

I use fondant on mine. Covering cookies is really easy as the same cookie cutter is used to cut out the fondant shape. It dries with a crust outside so cookies can be stacked.

Shazzana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazzana Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriel

I use fondant on mine. Covering cookies is really easy as the same cookie cutter is used to cut out the fondant shape. It dries with a crust outside so cookies can be stacked.

i find it easier to use RBC and the same cookie cutter that you used to make the cookies. When they come out of the oven just put the rbc on it and it will stick like glue. if you bake your cookies all at one time then try using a little bit of corn syrup. hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%