Need 'awareness Ribbon' Cutter Fast!

Baking By Melvira Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 3:35am by leily

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 20

I have a customer who wants a large order of Awareness Ribbon cookies for a cancer awareness event on Friday... I know CK has that cutter, but it's not a guarantee it would be here by Weds. or Thurs. Does anyone know of a place to get one where it would be here that quickly? TIA!!!

19 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 20

I have been pleased with Kitchengifts: http://kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RIYEL&Category_Code=

and Sweet Celebrations (page 35 on their catalog): http://www.sweetc.com/

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 20

Have you considered making your own? My husband made several graduation cutters for me and they turned out great...much easier than hand cutting. The advantages to this are that you can make it any size you want (you could easily find an image on the web to use as a template) and it is available quickly...without ordering and waiting (and paying for shipping). The aluminum flashing doesn't cost very much and you get a huge roll that would literally make hundreds of cookie cutters. HTH

Melissa

Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 20

Thank you! I'll check it out!

Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 20

Oops, Melissa, I just saw your post after I replied!

I would make my own, I've seen the instructions, but I thought since this one is available already it might be a lot of work for nothing. And I am not sure I could get it done in time!! Hahaha! It might be faster to order it! icon_wink.gif Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate all input!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 20

Here's a link to the instructions to make your own:
http://www.cakecentral.com/article73-How-To-Make-Your-Own-Cookie-Cutters.html

If you can get to a home depot or lowes for for supplies, it's worth a try!

-Rezzy

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:17am
post #7 of 20

OH I hope you get this message Melvira. I bought mine over at Trevor's True value and it is about 3" at the longest side. It makes a nice size cookie that I have gotten compliments on. I used it to make the ribbon cookies in my photos.

And you could have it tomorrow!

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 20

Leily... I was heading into the QC's today because I thought I had remembered seeing one there, but wasn't sure if I should go ahead and buy it at the time. (Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous? haha!) BLESS YOU for confirming that it wouldn't be a waste of gas!!! I am very happy!

leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:03pm
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

BLESS YOU for confirming that it wouldn't be a waste of gas!!! I am very happy!

LOL waste of gas? Are you kidding me? You can always find something there! I was just in the area Saturday afternoon and didn't get a chance to go over there (I was at the car dealership at the corner light where you turn onto the road that truevalue is on) I was dissapointed but guess I just have to make another trip up there.

Melvira Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 20

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I am so horked off right now!! I drove to True Value (almost 100 miles round trip) and they were OUT of the cutter!! She said she thought she'd get more in a few weeks! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I said thanks, but I really need something right away! So now I have cut a template out of cardboard and am probably going to end up hand cutting all these cookies. Ergh!! Oh well... that's what I get for not buying it when I saw it. So irritated with myself right now!!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:21pm
post #11 of 20

It sounds like Leily lives near you...could you borrow hers?

leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:36pm
post #12 of 20

Oh I am soo sorry to hear that! I almost didn't get it either but my BF put in into my basket when I wasn't looking and I am so glad he did now!

((Hugs))

noley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noley Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:48pm
post #13 of 20

I don't know if this will help but i'm at trevors ALL the time my MIL lives right down the road... I could get one for you, when they get them in and put it in the mail won't help you RIGHT NOW but it might come in handy to have one down the road... shame i was in there last week bought a TON of stuf on clearance... and thought about picking it up and was like hmmm another time i was already over my "limit" for that shopping trip...
let me know
I'd be glad to help oh mighty roller queen icon_wink.gif
Jen

leily Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:51pm
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by noley

shame i was in there last week bought a TON of stuf on clearance... and thought about picking it up and was like hmmm another time i was already over my "limit" for that shopping trip...
let me know
I'd be glad to help oh mighty roller queen icon_wink.gif
Jen

oh clearence! I am jealous, I now wish I had gone in last saturday =( although I am sure I would have been over my limit anyways.

Melvira Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:15am
post #15 of 20

Oh Noley... that is so sweet. I am in the Quad Cities at least twice a week, so I'll be able get it when they come in. (And this time I WILL, I won't pass it up!) But that is the nicest offer, I totally appreciate you being willing to do that!!

Melvira Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 6:45pm
post #16 of 20

Have I told you how much I love my husband??

When I went to buy that ribbon cutter and it wasn't there, I was so bummed. I stopped at a few places (lugging baby in and out of each store) and no one else had one. I finally called him at work to have him look up some phone numbers online so I could just call around instead of lugging a crabby baby into 50 stores. He wasn't at his desk, so he couldn't look up anything. I said screw it, I'm not going to find one, the baby is past nap time and cranky! So I loaded him up and drove home. Last night he saw me making a template to hand cut all these cookies, and didn't say a word. Today he called me and said he called around and found one at "Kitchens" in Northpark mall and it's on hold. My sister is picking it up for me. Now, this seems like a simple little thing... but for him to go out of his way to do this was very special, especially since he has such trouble making phone calls. He is always asking me to take care of these situations where he has to call somewhere because he hates doing it. icon_wink.gif I love that man, and I am so happy my cutter is on it's way!! What a relief that I won't be hand cutting these bad boys!

leily Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:28am
post #17 of 20

Oh so glad to hear that you have one on the way! I never even think to look at the kitchen store for baking stuff, I am always looking at all of the other kitchen gadgets, I will have to stop in there next time i'm in town.

Melvira Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:32am
post #18 of 20

Oh yes, Leily they have some nice stuff... but as 'nice' stores often do, they have price tags that reflect their mall location. It's cool when you can catch a sale though.

noley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noley Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:06am
post #19 of 20

OH i do love that store, they sell godiva chocolates icon_smile.gif it's a rare treat that I get in there and when I do I'm just sooooo excited it takes me half an hour to pick the three I can buy ... expensive.. but worth the treat
Glad you got what you needed.
Jen

leily Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:35am
post #20 of 20

how big was the cutter you got from there? Was it copper or tin? If it is a different size than the one I have I may have to invest in some new tools (ok really toys but you know what I mean)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%