Need A Thick Fudge Filling

Decorating By LucyintheSky Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 2:09am by LucyintheSky

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 6

The only recipes I've found are more of a fudgy flavored but still fluffy sort of filling... What I really need is a recipe for a thick, fudge flavored filling that is the consistency of a soft fudge. Can I made a recipe of fudge and pour directly onto cake? Would it set up that way? Or does someone have a recipe that might work for this? Thanks!

5 replies
anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried ganache? I am not sure how much of a difference this is or if you can modify it to get more of a fudge flavor but it definitely sets up well and it very delicious!

writer_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writer_mom Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 6

I think ShirleyW's Sarah Bernhardt Chocolate Glaze (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2315-0-Sarah-Bernhardt-Chocolate-Glaze.html) would set up very nicely for a fudgy filling. When it is cooled properly, it is the same consistency as the canned chocolate fudge frosting. It tastes really good too.

LucyintheSky Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 6

I've tried the whipped ganache, that's definitely too fluffy... What happens if you don't whip it? It seems like it would be pretty runny?

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 6

I don't whip my ganache. I just add chocolate to just boiling heavy cream (with a couple t. butter melted in) and stir. It sets up really firm.

LucyintheSky Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 2:09am
post #6 of 6

That may work as well... Guess I'll have to play around with these ideas and see what seems "fudgiest"... thanks for the ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%