The Next Food Network Star

Lounge By dydemus Updated 26 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm by Otter

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 11:18am
post #1 of 77

Who's watching this? Who are your favorites? Anyone drive you crazy?
What did you think of the ones who went home last night?

76 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 77

I just starting getting into it last week! From the little that I saw (2 episodes) Colombe was driving me crazy - I'm glad she went home. I like Paul - I hope he steps it up and doesn't get sent home next week!

I like Amy too - she is the person all these shows on Food Network are geared toward....the home cook. I think the spanish/mexican guy (sorry - don't remember his name) is good, but his food it too involved for a home cook....he would be best suited in a restaurant environment..imho.

What do you think of the contestants?

~Chelle

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:31am
post #3 of 77

I still haven't picked a clear favorite, myself. Colombe was also driving me nuts. I am glad she is off the show.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:35am
post #4 of 77

I like Adrien. He looks good and very comfortable in front of the camera.

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 11:08am
post #5 of 77

I like Adrian. He is the one that has a local cooking show, right? That is probably why he seems so comfortable in front of the camera. I don't think that Jag is focused on the home cook, so I'm not sure how long he will last and Paul drives me crazy! LOL...he bounces around all over the place, he has so much energy. It makes me nervous watching him!

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 77

I don't have a favorite yet either .... but add me to the group that is happy Colombe went home. She was driving me insane.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 77

icon_surprised.gif You guys watch this too? I love this show!! Adrein is my favorite thumbs_up.gif

He really cute & I love his personality.

I loved it when they had to decorate the cakes. I was laughing sooooo hard icon_lol.gif

I also like Amy.

The girl that won the Magazine cover? I can not remember her name. She annoys me. icon_rolleyes.gif SHe did deserve that cover though thumbs_up.gif He food looked awesome icon_wink.gif

Edited to add: Her name is Rory

SweetLiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetLiner Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 77

I love this show!

I do not have a clear favorite yet - but am glad that Colombe left.

MommaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaC Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 4:03pm
post #9 of 77

I like Adrien and Paul. But I like Michael a lot too. I like Jag's cooking, he's good at what he does, but he's not as likeable as some of the others. I was glad to see Nicki go and not too sad about Colombe going. But Amy gets on my nerves. She is a goodie two-shoes icon_smile.gif - she should have kept her nose out of the whole left behind bag thing - I think she came off too 'mothering'. And every chance she gets she throws in that "I went to Paris and I cook like the French" thing. icon_rolleyes.gif even after the judges told her to tone it down.
But from here on it will be sad to see people leave - I like them all now. Can't wait to see next episode!

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 77

I havent had a chance to watch allot of this season. So Colombe, was she the hippie yoga instructor? The one who forgot what meat was in her dish? If she is gone, yea! I know that I cannot stand that Paul guy...he's like watching a jack russell terrier with ADD on crack! Does that man ever stand still? I think I like the lady who is just like all other stay at home moms, and home cooks, her name is Amy I think. I also like that Adrian, he's too cute not to like!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 77

My prediction: Jag will win. Any other predictions?

Otter Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 12:39am
post #12 of 77

No predictions yet. Last year my favorite was Guy. I watched his show and am now very diappointed. The ones the year before last weren't bad, though.

You are right. Amy had no right confronting Colombe about the left bag. They didn't show the whole thing but would you have taken a bag with you if you did not see who left it to return it to him? Maybe she had no idea whose bag it was.

dydemus Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 1:57pm
post #13 of 77

Yes, I don't think what Colombe did was malicious in any way. She could have asked whose it was, but it was one of those things you think about afterwards. And Amy should have kept her nose out of it.
What about last night - talk about a boo-hoo fest! I couldn't believe it! I am sure it's emotional to be on something like that, but to see one after the other crack was a little funny. Only Paul and Adrien held it together.
I have to say, Rory annoyed me, but I'm warming up to her. I love Adrien and Paul - if Paul can reign in that energy and use it for good, he would be a great host. Jag is too unpredictable. He's a great cook, but do you think he'd be a good host? And Amy is still annoying, bossy, and prissy.
I was very sad to see Michael booted. He was a strong contender, he just didn't stand out enough. Any thoughts?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 3:19pm
post #14 of 77

I like Paul and Rory, They both just seem like real people to me. I think either one has the energy to host a show. Adrien would be my next pick.

Jag, i would eat his food any day. but don't think he has what it takes for a show.

Amy, is just too, prissy and comes off being very uppity to me.

Otter Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 4:35pm
post #15 of 77

I think either Adrien or Paul. JAG would be way too hard to work with and I think they see that. Mike just kept getting things wrong. His ingredients that one week, the name of the special guest last week, and he couldn't remember MRE this week. I think that is what did him in.

miriel Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:17pm
post #16 of 77

Adrien is gone icon_eek.gif

Monica0271 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:45am
post #17 of 77

Yea he is gone. I did not think he had been doing well latley. He was not even cooking icon_confused.gif What was up with that? icon_rolleyes.gif

I really like Paul. He's hillarous!!

I still dont care for Rory.

Jag is ok.

Amy would be my second choice.

mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:13am
post #18 of 77

I just started watching this two weeks ago. I missed out on the cake decorating!

My favorite is Paul. A show with him is sure to be entertaining!

Marie

dydemus Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 10:26am
post #19 of 77

I was sad to see Adrien go. He was cute icon_smile.gif and I think he could have done well, he just didn't have enough personality or outstanding food - though I think the personality is more important. I doubt the stars come up with all of their own recipes icon_smile.gif.

I can't believe how much crying is going on this season. They've got to toughen up! Jag is a timebomb, and Amy is a basketcase - I know it's really tough for them, but they've got to be able to hold it together! Poise is a lot on a show. Rory seems to be holding steady. But I love Paul's personality.

Otter Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:40am
post #20 of 77

Well, I've watched from day 1 and I still don't have a favorite. I just don't think any of these people can do a show. I'm watching to see how long it takes them to get rid of JAG. They can't possibly keep him. I don't think he can work with anybody. Amy is really my choice. I think that she will settle down once the dramatics of this contest are over.

miriel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 7:59pm
post #21 of 77

Among the 4 who are left, I like Paul for his personality and Amy for her show concept.

miriel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 8:02pm
post #22 of 77

Edited for double post.

Monica0271 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 2:06am
post #23 of 77

Paul icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gifthumbsdown.gif I am soooooo upset tapedshut.gif

I thought for sure JAG would be gone icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Otter Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 12:29pm
post #24 of 77

I know. Why did they keep him? I think that they are going to keep Amy and put JAG up against her to "stack the deck."

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 1:49pm
post #25 of 77

I've been watching it too. I wish Jag was easier to work with and had a better temper because he has the drive, but I honestly thought he was gone last night. Poor Paul, I liked him. I'm not sure about Rory. When she told Alton Brown he talked too much, that was like putting a nail in a coffin to me. Just one more reason for her to go. I know she was joking but the panel didn't appreciate it.
I like Amy and think she has a killer chance at winning but she's really emotional, of course this season seems to be full of tears.

I voted for Guy last year online often and was also not fond of his show. I really like the Diners Drive-ins and Dives show though that he does. Seems more like him, more natural at it. Plus some good ideas are on there about opening a successful business.

ch0psuey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ch0psuey Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 2:40pm
post #26 of 77

Amy was amazing last night. She did exceptionally well the entire time.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:15pm
post #27 of 77

I agree, I think Amy will win. I am not crazy about JAG and what a shame if the only reason they are keeping him is to make the program more interesting and have more people turne in. However, I would not be surprised if that is what is behind their decisions. Rory would be good but I think the panel is thinking she is using her sex appeal more than her skills. I might agree.

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:55pm
post #28 of 77

Last night DH and I were analyzing the whole thing icon_eek.gif until we realize it is just a show jajajaj icon_lol.gif

Amy is my favorite, definitively!!

JAG has too many issues, I don't like him. Poor colombo was going crazy during the Iron chef part, he's just too rough thumbsdown.gif I thought they were going to keep Paul.

...and Rory is driving me crazy, she really think she's cute icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif and she is SO NOT! (IMHO)- can somebody tell what's with her teeth??? (I know, that's was cruel icon_twisted.gif ).

miriel Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 9:07pm
post #29 of 77

I was disappointed to see Paul go last night icon_sad.gif

Thought for sure it was Jag. The judges didn't like one thing about his food and he did not do well as the commentator. At least with Paul the judges liked some of his food.

Now I'm afraid to post who I like because they seem to get voted off the next week icon_confused.gif

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 9:23pm
post #30 of 77

joshua...
adrian is so cute...would love to just see more of him...too bad he's gone...
joshua seems to be a great cook and he's was also a marine...
and i'm very glad colombe went home...i was trying to figure out why she was on the show in the first place...anyone know???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%