Looking For More Ideas For A Farmer 100Th B-Day

Decorating By HammIamm Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 1:47pm by breelaura

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 10:32am
post #1 of 14

i want to do a "sufficated" farm cake.. if that makes any sense. i've done farm cakes for kids, which were fun... i was told perhaps to do a tractor or horse... but really its up to me. all the person wants is a 1/2 sheet cake.. and i am really having a hard time picturing this one...

please help!

thanks

13 replies
Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 11:47am
post #2 of 14

Maybe a picture (BC of Chocolate Transfer or Fondant) of the farmer on his tractor on the cake, and maybe also the farmname on a big sign (with wood effect) on it?

Difficult theme icon_smile.gif Good luck with it!!

Lara

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 11:57am
post #3 of 14

Are you up to 3-d? A 3d tractor would be cool!

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 14

If you do a tractor, be sure to find out what kind he owns/is partial too. Believe it or not, that is important to farmers.

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 14

i don't think i want to do a 3d, the lady who ordered it wants to have something easy to cut. I want to incorporate all sorts of farms things..

right now i am thing of doing the number 100 on the sheet cake a little bit raised up, then on each letter incorporat something farm? i'm not sure where i am going with this.. but i may have in the middle of the zeros.. do a pasture. the one, i may have the tractor plowing... i don't know.. very vague right now..

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!
thanks

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 14

what kind of farm.

use images of that for the #.

example: little pigs all lined up

or stalks of corn

field of wheat w/ crop circles

tractor plowing the field (yum..crushed oreos) and the furrows make the numbers

gourmetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetcakes Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:12pm
post #7 of 14

I'm with Doug, I was thinking along the same thing lines. Make the 100 out of vegetables. That would be simple, yet effective. You could make the vegetables out of MMF or candy clay. I did some on a donkey cake last year, a lot of fun to do.

Good luck!

spoiledbyneil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledbyneil Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:15pm
post #8 of 14

I would for sure find out what type of farm, and then research the "higher tech" items associated with the specific farm....one thing if they had animals that would be different then the norm, maybe put an "electric" wire fence, windmill, gates..go more with shiny silver items

ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:26pm
post #9 of 14

I did this farm grooms cake. I copied this off of a cake I found by Googling "John Deere Cake". The tractor and buildings came from a store in Indy that specializes in model trains. They are H.O. to scale with each other. Pine trees are ice cream cones with royal. Fence is royal. The border was piped to look like corn. The pig was a tiny little toy. Road is done with crushed chocolate cookies.

ladeebug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:28pm
post #10 of 14

Picture didn't attach.

ladeebug Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:29pm
post #11 of 14

OK, I give up. tapedshut.gif You can see the farm cake in my pics. Thanks

Incognito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Incognito Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:33pm
post #12 of 14

What about icing the cake to look like grass all over and then have the number 100 'mowed' into the icing like someone was harvesting the grass to make the 100? You could have a model tractor on top doing the harvesting Like a crop circle kind of idea? Does this make sense? lol!

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:44pm
post #13 of 14

di you see those memmory cakes posted in the favorite sheet cake post ??? those where cool or maybe a fbct of an appropriate barn with his age in the tiles of the roof??

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:47pm
post #14 of 14

Farmer on a tractor with 100 rows "hoed." (or plowed, or whatever... I'm only a "sort-of country girl!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%