School Cake

Decorating By kakedecorator Updated 8 Aug 2006 , 7:01pm by kakedecorator

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 9

My granddaughter will be 5 on the 27 and she starts school. She says she wants a "school" cake. But she does not want a school bus cake. Any ideas?

8 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 9

How about a chalk board? Or maybe a school building?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 11:54am
post #3 of 9

she's going into kindergarden, right?

how about crayons? or a story book? or a chalkboard? or big letters? or a school house? or a lunch box? school supplies (ruler, pencils, scissors, etc.)?

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 9

I like the chalkboard idea. You could write " Allison (her name of course..lol) is going to school!" on it. I've been waiting for the chance to uae the chalkboard. It is soo cute!

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

I like the chalkboard idea. You could write " Allison (her name of course..lol) is going to school!" on it. I've been waiting for the chance to uae the chalkboard. It is soo cute!

Yeah I wanna do a chalkboard cake too LOL

oh and it has to be complete with chalk on the bottom and erasers (even though they don't use those anymore, up here anyway.

qtdbklyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtdbklyn Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 9

I recently made this for my SIL birthday who is a teacher. It was a last minute thing so I didnt get a chance to get as fancy as I would of liked with all the accessories in icing, but you get the idea and hopefully it will inspire you!
LL

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 9

This was a cake I did at the end of the year last Spring for my son's Kindergarten class. Cupcakes are so much easier to hand the children, so each child was given an apple. The teachers and parents ate the book.

Be sure and post of picture of what you decide!
LL

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethroze

This was a cake I did at the end of the year last Spring for my son's Kindergarten class. Cupcakes are so much easier to hand the children, so each child was given an apple. The teachers and parents ate the book.

Be sure and post of picture of what you decide!

That's a great idea, Beth! The more little child birthdays that I do lately (for family/friends) the more I think the cupcake /mini cake idea is a great one - the cupcakes can be turned into anything, like the apples you did. I did a bunch of mini soccer balls for one niece this year, and I did a bunch of little Krabby patties for my nephew's party. Easier to grab, less cutting too! LOL

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 7:01pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for all the great ideas and pictures. I was informed this past Saturday that she want's a school bus cake. I plan on checking out the "Photo Gallery" for pics. Anyone have any that are not posted that they would like to share?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%