My First Dropped Cake

Decorating By jaklotz1 Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 11:18am by thems_my_kids

jaklotz1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaklotz1 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:00am
post #1 of 10

I am so upset. I have been working on a cake for several hours now for father's day, and I dropped it. Kicking myself right now. It was going to be a grill. We are going to be having a cook out so I thought it would fit in. I had already worked several hours on the cake board and the hamburger that would go with it, so needless to say I am disappointed. I was in the process of crumb coating to prepare it for fondant and was taking it to place on my table (from the counter) and just spaced and dropped it. Anyway, no cake for my family tomorrow. Here is a picture of what I actually managed not to destroy.
LL

9 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:08am
post #2 of 10

Oh geez I am soooo sorry, I'm sure it was awesome by the looks of your bun and condiments I bet it was awesome! I don't know what to say but Im sending you some good ole kentucky (((Hugs))) please try to have a wonderful day anyways!

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:21am
post #3 of 10

I am so sorry!!!! I know that feels so bad, because you worked so hard!!!!! I agree with wgoat5, I know it had to be awesome, because your hamburger looks soooooooooo GOOD!!! It looks real! thumbs_up.gif

Times like this make you want to channel Julia Childs and take a big swig of whatever cooking wine you have in the kitchen icon_lol.gif (except I can't stand wine!)

Please add a North Carolina hug to the Kentucky!

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:21am
post #4 of 10

Sorry to here this. It was probably going to look great just the like hamburger.

I also dropped my DS's birthday cake the night before his party. At least I did have time to rebake and start over.

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:23am
post #5 of 10

I am so sorry!!!! I know that feels so bad, because you worked so hard!!!!! I agree with wgoat5, I know it had to be awesome, because your hamburger looks soooooooooo GOOD!!! It looks real! thumbs_up.gif

Times like this make you want to channel Julia Childs and take a big swig of whatever cooking wine you have in the kitchen icon_lol.gif (except I can't stand wine!)

Please add a North Carolina hug to the Kentucky!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:25am
post #6 of 10

I'm so sorry. All that work, sitting on the floor. I feel for ya, girl. The burger looks awesome, though.

rbatia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbatia Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 10

im so sorry to hear that but try to have a good time with your family .and your burger look great

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 10:25am
post #8 of 10

that hamburger looks so real!! im craving a burger now!!!! excellent job.

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 10:41am
post #9 of 10

I'm so sorry for you! It hasn't happened to me YET! I'm sure it will. They'll be impressed with the burger though. Nice job! It's making me hungry!

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 11:18am
post #10 of 10

Oh no! I'm sorry that happened. Hugs!

I'm so terrified of that happening every time I pick up a cake!

You're hamburger is fabulous!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%