Filled Cupcake Help..please

Baking By Charb31 Updated 2 Aug 2006 , 8:08pm by Rambo

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 14

I am sure I saw several weeks ago for a recipe for a light cream filling for cupcakes. It's like the ho-ho filling? Can anyone help? I've searched in vain. TIA!! icon_smile.gif

13 replies
cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 14

I don't remember seeing it, but there is a recipe on CC for a giant ding dong cake and it has a filling..you could use that one..sounds like what you may be looking for!
Cindy

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 14

Found it!! Thanks so much. Once I read the recipe, it dawned on me, that I have a recipe for gob filling that my mother used to make, and sometimes we would just eat the filling and throw the gob cookies out! The ding dong filling and gob filling are almost identical. Thanks so much!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 14

That is my favorite filling for cupcakes, but remember it needs to be refridgerated. If you want one without refridgeration let me know. I have a back up icon_lol.gif

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 14

I've got to ask ..what are gob cookies??

Charb31 Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 14

I am originally from PA. There is a "cake" that are called GOBS which are a dark chocolate 'cookies" (actually more like a cake type) with a filing in between. ALot of people call them moonpies, but to me, a moonpie is a graham cracker layer with marshmallow fluff all coated with chocolate. I have done a gobcake, and basically instead of making small handheld cookies, I just did jellyroll sheetcakes with the gob filling in between. I'm not sure if it's a PA dutch recipe or not, I just rem it being an all day chore for my mother. She would make like 12 dozen of those things...2 cookies per...288 cookies!

Newtodecorating, can you throw me the non-refridgerated recipe????

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks again for your help!!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 14

Newtodecorating, what is the recipe for the non-refridgerated filling? I would love to have that one. Thanks, Kristen

NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 14

I am bottle feeding 5 puppies. I will be right back with it. Let me feed the babies first. icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 14

Awwwww 5 puppies!! I am in love!!!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 5:18pm
post #11 of 14

Yes I am in love too. I do some volunteer work for our local humane Society. It is a no kill shelter and someone dropped off 5 beautiful puppies in a bag on their doorstep! UGGGH! They called me and now I am up every 3 hours round the clock feeding puppies! So if you see me here at 3:00 am you know what I am doing for the next few weeks!!

Anyway, back to the point....

Twinkie like filling needs no refridgeration and was shared with me by a fellow CC member. I do like the Giant ding dong filling best, but this is good too!

2 teaspoons very hot water
rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups marshmallow cream (1 7-oz jar)
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the salt with the hot water in a small bowl and stir until dissolved. Let this mixture cool. Combine the marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the salt solution to the filling and combine.

Makes 1 1/2 cups.

(Please spay and neuter your pets)

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 7:58pm
post #12 of 14

Thank you so much. Good luck with the puppies =)

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 8:06pm
post #13 of 14

[quote="NEWTODECORATING"]

Twinkie like filling needs no refridgeration and was shared with me by a fellow CC member. I do like the Giant ding dong filling best, but this is good too!

quote]

You said the word Twinkie, that caught my attention. Now I've found a good use for the Marshmallow fluff I just bought. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing.

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 8:08pm
post #14 of 14

All right guys, haven't done this long so I gotta ask, what's the trick to getting the quote in the little shadowed box? I keep screwing it up somehow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%