Not A Cake Recipe..

Baking By FromScratch Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 1:27pm by FromScratch

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 5

But I figured I'd share it anyway since it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I made brioche dough for the first time yesterday.. I have always wanted to try it, but never followed though. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be. After letting it rise for 2.5 hours and folding it down and letting it rise again for another 6 hours in the fridge i rolled it out and put butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on it and topped it with thinly sliced granny smith apples and rolled it up and cut it into cinnamon buns. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and let it rise for an hour this morning and baked it. I also made a caramel sauce last night to put on top of these babies.. topped with chopped toasted pecans. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

I used this brioche dough recipe http://www.labellecuisine.com/features/Brioche%20(Vive%20la%20belle%20France!).htm and this caramel sauce recipe http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/234448 and I spread 1 stick of butter on the dough and sprinkled with the sugar and cinnamon to cover.. Baked at 350 for 25 minutes.. let sit and smother with caramel and nuts.

4 replies
SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 5

Thanks for sharing.! I just love brioche. It has to be just about the worst thing you can ever eat...all that butter....but sooooo good. Now I'm craving it! icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah.. it's one of those things that is so bad it's good.. LOL. I love it too and have always dreamed about making it. Now that I know how easy it can be.. my diet will surely be shot.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 5

hmmmm....never heard of it......but it sure sounds yummy!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 5

Oooh.. if you've never had brioche you're missing out. It's normally just served plain without being turned into cinnamon rolls.. in loaf form or as individual servings that sort of look like pop overs. It's a sweet dough that has butter added to it. Not good for you by any means.. LOL.. but it's good for the soul. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%