Wbh Buttercream Cake

Decorating By formerbuckeye Updated 17 Jun 2007 , 12:31am by birdgirl

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 12

Okay, here is a picture of the cake using the Whimisical Bakehouse Buttercream that I talked about in my earlier post. As you can see, it didn't smooth very well. Everyone loved it anyway. The cake is Vanilla with White Chocolate with Raspberries Coffeemate. The filling is raspberry and the icing is the WBH buttercream which is very good. There are a couple of closeups in my posts.

Thanks for looking.
Sandra

11 replies
micfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micfish Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 12

which cake is it? And which recipe is it... the House buttercream or the other one? Hmmmm.

formerbuckeye Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 12

Sorry, the picture was too big. I will resend it in a smaller format.
LL

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 12

Your cake is so cute.

I have a question. What is Whimsical Bakehouse Buttercream? I did a search in the recipes and didn't find it.

micfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micfish Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 12

Great cake...cute design! Hmmm. This is the only icing recipe i use. I've never had a huge problem with it. Even though it's a non-crusting icing you still have to work relatively fast in smoothing it. And once you've iced it and let it set for a few minutes you really can't go over it and re-smooth it. Not sure what happened for you. How did you ice it?

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 12

Heres the recipe....
http://www.baking911.com/asksarahbb/index.php?showtopic=3857

I have never made it either...I guess I heard a few negative things and didnt wanna try it....but I think I will icon_biggrin.gif

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 12

formerbuckeye, I love your cake design, very creative!!!!!

countrykittie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrykittie Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 12

When I used this recipe, I made my first 2 tier cake. I actually found that using a 'warm' spatula (not a hot hot one like I might use with regular BC), smoothed the icing out perfectly.

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:12pm
post #9 of 12

Sandra,

Hi! How much White Chocolate Raspberry creamer did you use? I made the WASC cake this morning and I used 2/3 C. I won't be tasting this cake until tomorrow since it is for Father's Day. I mixed some of the creamer in with the BC for the filling.

darkchocolate

formerbuckeye Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 8:12pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks everyone. I had fun doing this cake. darkchocolate: I put 1/3 c in each cake mix. It was subtle but very good.

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm
post #11 of 12

Sandra,

Thank you for letting me know. I halved the recipe, so I used 2/3 C for 1 cake mix. I hope it isn't too overpowering. If your cake was a subtle taste, hopefully mine won't be too strong. Then again, that is a matter of preferance. I used the Pralines and Cream and had differing opinions on the cake being just right and some thought it was too strong.

darkchocolate

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 12:31am
post #12 of 12

Replace some of the water with the creamer in the Whimsical Bakehouse buttercream too--I put a couple of tablespoons in and everyone loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%