Mixer Helper

Decorating By havingfun Updated 16 Jun 2007 , 4:05pm by Antylucifer

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 12

Greetings! Just thought I would pass along a small thing that has made my life more bearable. I have some strenght problems, and was having trouble moving my KA around in my kitchen. I went to Lowe's (favorite store) and bought some of those little gliders like you put under furniture and attached them to the bottom of my mixer. Now I can just slide my KA anywhere I need! The gliders come in all sizes and do not mar the counter, or make the KA "dance". Maybe someone else can use this idea. Have a great cake day!

11 replies
Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 12

What a great idea! I just might have to try that out!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 12

Okay this sounds like a great idea. Can anyone post a link to a photo because I'm totally clueless and very visual when it comes to things icon_lol.gif thanks!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 12

That is a great idea. icon_smile.gif

A perfect example of "work smarter, not harder". icon_cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

Thanks for sharing!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for sharing.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 12

Just be careful it doesn't glide off the counter. My wants to walk if it has a load in it like bread or fondant.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 12

...LOL....it wants to 'walk' away???
....so this kitchen could be like Night at the Museum....everything comes to life!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:04am
post #8 of 12

Kayakado, I have not experienced the walking with the gliders on. I will watch it though. I have had this done about 7 months.

Fooby, I don't know how to post a picture - but the gliders are round, slightly cupped, plastic discs. They are smooth on the bottom and I attached them with the included spongy-sticky stuff. (that is a very technical description!) icon_lol.gif Have you ever seen the commercial on television for the furniture mover discs? They are the same - only a lot smaller.

I love all of you at Cake Central!!

Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 12

You can buy them at Target or Wal-Mart, in the home dept. They are made to keep furniture from scratching hardwood or laminate floors.

Im so glad you thought of that Havingfun! We have them under our furniture and it makes moving them a breeze so I can only imagine how nice it will be now to scoot the KA around!!!

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 12

what a great idea thanks for sharing

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:54pm
post #11 of 12

Oh, what a neat idea!

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 4:05pm
post #12 of 12

What a great idea-thanks so much for passing it on. Every time I clean the area of my mixer, I have a hard time moving it because of arthritis-sounds like this will work perfectly.
Thanks, Gail

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%