Wilton 3 Tier Party Stand..anyone Have..?

Decorating By cindww Updated 31 Jul 2006 , 6:02pm by dsoutherngirl

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 11:19am
post #1 of 9

Good morning..just curious if anyone has purchased and used this product..? I bought it at AC Moore in the 50% sale and got it for less than $13.00. I couldn't pass it up. I'd love to see some pictures from people who've used this..anyone, anyone?
Thanks!
Cindy

8 replies
CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 9

I think I saw it setup in candyland crafts last week (not totally sure it was the wilton one, but it certainly looked like it) and I was SHOCKED to see that the base was completly made of styrofoam!

Can anyone confirm this? Seems like it would break easily. Perhaps not with the cakes displayed, but with the packing and unpacking.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 9

If its the one I'm thinking of..yes the base is styrofoam as are the pillars to hold the plates. I just did a wedding cake using this stand because that's what the bride insisted on, but I did dummy cakes on them. Honestly I didn't feel comfortable putting real cakes on it....I was afraid of the cake tilting off or someone knocking into the table and sending the cake crashing.

I don't have a pic yet, but apparently it looked really nice after she put fabric over the base of the stand & added flowers.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 9

Wait, the new one by Wilton is metal with glass plates, or are you talking about a different one?

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 9

There are two. The newest one is the Wilton Cakes N More Party stand, I believe. I made the mistake of purchasing the other one. The styrofoam one. And I make such big heavy cakes that I couldn't even use it for the waterslide cake I bought it for. My cakes were 8, 10 and 10 inches but they were 3 layers each and the 10 inch tiers were tilting a lot! I ended up just covering a tall pillar with a cloth and placing the smallest cake on that and putting the others on the sides because I was in a pinch. But I think the other cake stand from Wilton is probably a lot more sturdy.

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 9

well, shoot! I guess i'll have to unpack mine. It appears to be metal and glass (or plastic) so unless they are making some dang good-looking stryfoam, we must be talking about 2 different things here.
Does anyone have the one with the three metal stands and glass-looking plates..?

Cindy

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 9

DO NOT BUY the styrofoam stand. I bought one for a party and just put small desserts on it and the top tier fell to the ground and the styrofoam broke. I went back and bought the metal stand and LOVE IT!

sarduengo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarduengo Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:44pm
post #8 of 9

is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=22043&category_id=248

I agree; I would be very leary of putting much on these. Seems like it would be unstable.

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 9

Yep! That's that's it! The heathen stand! icon_mad.gif Cind..you should be good to go with the Cakes N More stand. It's glass and metal and should hold just about anything you want to put on it. thumbs_up.gif I'm going back to Michael's later to get it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%