Should I Redo Pic Added

Decorating By TandTHarrell Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 5:46am by Batter-UpBakery

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 11

Im really not happy with my handwriting on this cake. The cake actually look better in person then on the pic..what do you guys think....I really do no want to refrost the cake over again...
LL

10 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 11

We are our worst critic. Your cake looks fine and your handwriting is so much better than my chicken scratch icon_lol.gif Leave the cake at peace and move on the next. You did an excellent job on this thumbs_up.gif

Chrisi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisi Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 11

Was the background airbrushed? If not and your not happy with the writting, just pick it off with a tooth pick. (assuming you used a crusting buttercream) I like it, it looks ok to me.

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 11

You did a fine job! There are times when it's going to turn out better than others - it's happened to me! Everytime I question one of my cakes, my husband tells me that if the people don't like it they can do it themselves! But like fooby says - it's done - MOVE ON! icon_smile.gif You did great!

Amy usaribbon.gif

TandTHarrell Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 11

yes the cake is airbrushed...chrisi.... ok I will elave the cake along..because it actually look much better in person than it does on the pic....Thank guys

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 11

Is this for a paying customer? The reason I ask is that I have found when icing is airbrushed...it's a little difficult (FOR ME) to correct errors, UNLESS you totally re-ice. Which brings up "Spidey" is he a bct or chocolate transfer?

If this is (I hate to use the term "just") for family....I think I would just leave it and chalk it up to experience.

When I airbrush cakes...I use fondant plaques to do my writing. I have found that even the THOUGHT of writing on icing makes me mess up! LOL

I'm sure the cake is yummy and Spidey is REALLY COOL!

Beth in KY

TandTHarrell Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 11

Yes spidey is a fbt..thats why i didnt want to redo the writing.. I would have to start all over... Yes this is for a paying customer...

when you say fondant plaques , do you mean printing the wrods, then adding the fondat o back....

Thanks to everyone that responded!!!!!!

tashaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tashaluna Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 1:23pm
post #8 of 11

I think it looks great. I am awfull at writing on cakes. I hope to get much better you know.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 11

I usually cut out a plaque from fondant, using whatever shape fits with cake theme, then allow it to dry overnight. Then I write my message on the plaque. If I mess up I just scrape off the icing, a little H2O on a towel cleans it up and I try again. I also use this technique if I mess up writing in a dark color directly on a cake....make a plaque and put it over the mistake! LOL

As you can tell, I learn from MY mistakes and I've made A LOT of mistakes to learn how to cover them well! LOL

Beth in KY

cakesbykristen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykristen Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #10 of 11

hello there..
I was taught once that you should write on the cake first,that way if you mess up on writing you can fix it easier.
the fondant plaque is a excellent idea though.I think I will start doing that.
Another tip ,if my writing is ever off centered i just add dots or a design to the letters,it looks nice and no one ever notices.
Your cake does look great though and no one will notice if you do not point it out.

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 5:46am
post #11 of 11

i think you did a fine job with the writing. mine is nowhere near as nice. i would leave it be if i were you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%