Fondant Balloon Toppers...

Decorating By cindww Updated 29 Jul 2006 , 3:47am by justsweet

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

Good evening everybody! I have a quick question regarding a cake I'm working on for Sunday. I have made little balloons out of fondant and would like to use wire to have them coming out of the top of the cake. Do I need to do anything special to them so that they don't fall off the wire? I have used the wire before but with lighter pieces of fondant.
Also, are people putting the wire directly in to their cakes or doing something special with the wires so they are not directly inserted into the cake..?
Thanks!
Cindy

3 replies
oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 3:24am
post #2 of 4

can't wait t osee the replies myself, lol, I just got a huge bag of plastic balloon toppers at the closing out sale at the hobby store today- will try and use them as models to practice making fondant ones lol.

Good luck!

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 3:37am
post #3 of 4

Lets give us both a bump then, oceanspitfire! I'm impatient tonight icon_smile.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 29 Jul 2006 , 3:47am
post #4 of 4

Did you are ready stick the wire into your fondant pieces to dry - if not then you will need to use royal icing to stick wire to fondant pieces.

Put staws in the cake and the wire will go into that. You can use those stir straws for coffee small and skinny.

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%