My Mommy's Coming To Visit!!

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 17 Jun 2007 , 5:50pm by mkolmar

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 7

I'm so happy, my parents are coming for the weekend. party.gif Okay I'll be honest, if he wasn't bringing my mom I'd not care at all that the old goat is coming. Because of gas and time we haven't seen them since January and we found out that they were coming yesterday afternoon.

I'm in the middle of cleaning my very messy house, I'm not the world's best housekeeper and they didn't give me much notice. icon_redface.gif They'll be here sometime tommorow afternoon.

My kids are thrilled, they're getting sent to my MIL's to wait part of the day because they'll be driving me nuts and it will distract them. icon_lol.gif That and mommy gets a little break in the late morning or early afternoon. shhh.gif

6 replies
Nadya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadya Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 7

Congratulations and have a good time with your mom! I haven't seen my parents for 2 years and miss them so much icon_sad.gif so I know how you feel icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 7

Congrats!!!!! Hope you all have a great visit!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:56am
post #4 of 7

I can relate! I need a good weeks notice to be ready for company!

Hope you have a wonderful visit.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:25am
post #5 of 7

Well no visit, they changed their minds literally last minute, they were supposed to leave this morning. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm annoyed because I had two very excited children who spent the day crying that Grandma and Grandpa aren't coming to visit. icon_mad.gif
They're "probably" coming next weekend but aren't sure so I told them not to call more than 5 minutes before they leave, that gives me about 6 hours to get ready. The kids won't be told at all this time, they'll find out when they show up, it will be a nice surprise for them.

Part of the reason I'm a little bummed is that my in-laws won't be gone that weekend (they're camping this weekend). Now I'm in a position I don't want to be in, my dad really likes both in-laws but my MIL kind of drives my mom nuts. Normally they stay with the MIL because we don't have an extra bed and my dad has a bad back, they're about 1.5 miles down the road but this is the first time they've been up during okay weather to stick them in the camper. My MIL wants them to stay with her but I would rather they stay in the camper, she tried to talk me into it for a good 30 minutes tonight, and my dad can go over instead of my dad waiting half the day to bring my mom over while the kids are going nuts. That and I'd like to have a couple evening meals without feeling that I HAVE to invite my MIL and FIL, I'm thinking that we can do one nice meal with a fire outside that I invite them to so they're not offended. I only see them about 2-3 weekends a year so I'd really like to spend time without other people around, I come from a large family so when we go see them there are lots of distractions.
I'm going to tell my parents that they have to stay with us because my husband set the camper up for them already. If I have to I'll get my husband to start the computer moving project at his parents and leave it half finished which will mean that the guest room will be a mess. icon_twisted.gif

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 7

I'm so sorry about your parents' changing their minds.

I can relate with the getting the house ready part. I have a commencement ceremony on Sunday and my parents are coming up for that. I have today (wasting all day at work) and tomorrow to clean the house, weed the garden, and put down mulch for their coming. This entire week has been a wash and when I had my holiday from work yesterday we ended up having to go to Ohio instead of doing any work on the house. Also some other projects I couldn't get out of. I still have not even started on a cake for Sunday!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 7

Sorry this happened. I wouldn't tell the kids either till they are there. Hope they make it this weekend for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%