Help!!!!what Do I Do I Forgot To Add Support!!!

Decorating By sweetexpressions Updated 28 Jul 2006 , 6:02pm by sweetexpressions

sweetexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetexpressions Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have a 10 in round on bottom with a 6 in round on top and I forgot to put any support rods in. OMG stupid stupid stupid. It is the first cake in my photos. I have to delivery tomorrow. What do I do. Do I just hope for the best or do I attempt to take all the roses off and remove the top tier and put a dowel in???? Help!!!
Rachel

4 replies
oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetexpressions

I have a 10 in round on bottom with a 6 in round on top and I forgot to put any support rods in. OMG stupid stupid stupid. It is the first cake in my photos. I have to delivery tomorrow. What do I do. Do I just hope for the best or do I attempt to take all the roses off and remove the top tier and put a dowel in???? Help!!!
Rachel

Is it possible to 'lift' the edges of the bows at all? Speaking from zero experience with dowels or wedding cakes or tiers or anything mind you LOL but just from a structural POV, if the edges of the bows are a bit flexible, could you lift them a bit /move slightly to side, and insert 2 or 3 narrow dowels around the edges (not right to the edge of course) of the top tier? Instead of having the one dowel that (normally) goes in the middle- do a couple around near the edges- that way you dont haveto take the whole thing off. Then just do a touchup and move the bows back that you nudged over (if possible)

Good luck!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 5

I would try and dowel it but you may be able to get away with it if you keep the cake really cold,don't have far to deliver and hope it isn't 110 degrees where the reception is....beautiful cake!!

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 5

Delivering an already stacked cake is hard enough, without dowels that'd be terrifying to me. I would try and dowel it if it's at all possible, if not...uhm...pray. icon_smile.gif good luck.

sweetexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetexpressions Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 5

ok I have lifted a few roses and got 3 dowels in they are small but better than nothing! I can not believe I forgot to do that!!! You can't even tell I messed with the cake!! I hope it makes it!!!
Rachel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%