Wanted: Recipe For A Really Good White Cake

Baking By jgclucas Updated 17 Jun 2005 , 5:12am by famousamous

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 5 Jun 2005 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 10

My niece insists that she wants her wedding cake very simple. Just white cake, with buttercream filling. If she is going to make me do that, then I want it to be a very good white cake.

I will be covering the layers in MMF.

Any suggestions?

9 replies
AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 5 Jun 2005 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 10

The bride's white cake recipe is a good one. Its from the cake mix doctor book.
Ingredients include:
1 box of white cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 stick of butter
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract

I bake mine at 325 and I usually check on the cake after 20-25 minutes.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 5 Jun 2005 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 10

I made 2 graduation cakes this weekend (12X1icon_cool.gif for one of them I used 2 regular white BC cake mixes, and one recipe of this brides white cake (so there were 3 mixes total for the one cake) ~ mixed them altogether and then baked it. It got RAVE reviews from everyone that tried it.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 10

If you don't want to use a mix, I posted a really good white cake recipe in the recipe section, Classic White Cake II. This is the recipe I use for all my white cakes.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

citrusgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citrusgirl Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 10

Hi Everyone,

I came across MelissaBlack recipe yesterday and tried it twice last night.

It was absolutely wonderful, it tasted really nice. The cake was soft, spongy and really pretty. However, I could not get the cake to come out of the pan. When I finally did, the cake broke. I tried it a second time, waiting about 15 to 20 minutes for it to cool this time and the same thing happened.

For the pan release I placed shrortening and then flour, this works with all my cakes expect this one. I really like this cake so I would appreciate any help her.

Thank you all.
citrusgirl

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 12:30am
post #6 of 10

Peacockplace

Do you prepare the box with the ingredients it says then add these in addition? Or just these ingredients?

I also tried the Bride's White cake and it was a little crumbly for my taste.

Cecilia

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:16am
post #7 of 10

I use just the ingredients listed above. I did a wedding cake with it last week and am doing another next week. It makes a denser, moist cake that is so yummy!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:18am
post #8 of 10

I've made it with or without the almond. Some people love almond, and some don't. It's great either way!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:58am
post #9 of 10

peacockplace ~ the cake mix you used, did it already have pudding in the mix? I have someone asking me about a denser white cake mix but I can't honestly answer because I haven't made a "white" cake, they have been the golden vanilla flavor or other.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 5:12am
post #10 of 10

The cake I made this week for church was a white cake, everyone really loved it and I was surprised at how "strong" it was. It was the moistest white cake I have ever eaten.

350 oven
1 DH white cake mix (moist delux classic white)
8 oz of sour cream
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
2 tblsp. veggie oil

I had to increase the baking time to about 40 mins. This was also the first time I used a flower nail as a heating core. It worked great! The cake rose so evenly I barely had any to sample from leveling! haha.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%