What's Yucky In Your Fridge?

Lounge By mommykicksbutt Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 4:40pm by mommykicksbutt

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:26am
post #1 of 21

OK gang, here's another game for ya.

We all from time to time are guilty of letting something go a little to long in the fridge before it spoils/turns rotten and we end up throwing it out.

I'll start...

brown, soggy lettuce!

20 replies
cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:40am
post #2 of 21

How funny that you started this thread ... I was just looking in the fridge a little bit ago and noticed a container in there that I just knew had something BAD in it. Then, I remembered what it was! icon_eek.gif We had yummy fish tacos about two weeks ago with some walleye that DH caught in Lake Erie, and this container in question has a little bit of the leftover fish in it. Yikes. Two weeks old, I'm guessing it's not doing so well in that container. icon_surprised.gif Fortunately, it's a Gladware container, so I will probably throw the whole thing away rather than risk peeking inside!!! icon_lol.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:42am
post #3 of 21

Well I just threw out 3 month old cheese dip from a party I had. What's really nasty is that it still looked the same as it did the first day I made it. Does velveeta ever go bad? Also I had a bottle of barbeque sauce from 2003. Ewwww!! I guess I need to clean out my fridge more.

mommykicksbutt Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:43am
post #4 of 21

Yeah, we call those "left olders", so old you can't remember what they were!

moldy tomatoes

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 21

Beans, I don't know how long but they're moldy.

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 21

I have this happen quite often actually!!!! icon_redface.gif

Just yesterday I tossed out some cauliflower and broccoli. Good geez!!! That stuff smells BAD fresh, just imagine if it's been in there a week too long!!! icon_confused.gif

Amy

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 21

Lest's see right now in my cake fridge is some coffee creamers that need tossing and some old icing! I don't know why I save left over icing, I always forget it and then end up having to toss the icing and the container.

In our fridge upstairs, I just tossed some gross stinky cabbage! I had cleaned and tossed all sorts of things and finally cleaned everything out and found it hidding! icon_surprised.gif

This is kinds on a off note, kinda funny other things aside. Back in March, on a Friday morning my grandmother and grandfarther went to the store and bought the stuff for a salad and some jello for their lunch. She had just gotten both made when the hospital called and said to bring my grandfarther in. He was in the hospital two weeks when he died. My grandmother never left his side. After the funeral and all the family had left my grandmother went to clean out the fridge and the salads and jello were still there waiting. She called to tell me about something and laughed and told me what she found and how gross it was. It made her laugh for a second.

Oh, sorry I hope I don't get anyone down. It can be very scary to see what all is the back of the fridge! icon_surprised.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 21

hmm i just cleaned the fridge and freezer out last week so the only "old stuff"i have is some forgotten radishes at the bottom of the fridge and some garlic cloves in the door lol..

GenGen Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:32pm
post #9 of 21

my sister in law calls those Old moldy leftovers "science experiments" lol

mbelgard Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:44pm
post #10 of 21

My husband yells at me because I tend to leave things in the fridge but I have nothing on my grandma. You don't want to get near the back of her fridge, of course you never know how old the stuff in her pantry is either. icon_rolleyes.gif

GenGen Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 21

sounds like an aunt of ours lol. i once a few years ago pulled a six pack of coors beer out of the back of her fridge the style of cans from early 80's or 70's lol...

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:58pm
post #12 of 21

This wasn't in the fridge...but my DH "lost" his lunch kit...I found it in his truck, buried under the seat......opened it.......OLD tapedshut.gif MOLDY tapedshut.gif STANK tapedshut.gif TUNA tapedshut.gif FISH!!!

tapedshut.gif =Substitute any "fun four/three letter word" here

GenGen Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 21

Lol a week or so a go i was cleaning out the freezer; designating some stuff to go in the BIg freezer and some stuff to stay in the freezer/fridge; this last stuff i put in hubby's work cooler; cleaned freezer out and took the other stuff out... this was all to make room for icecube trays as my kids go through tons of ice in the hot/warm weather....

well long story short hubby found a package of burritos; a lb of hamburger and some other stuff in the cooler the next day! icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

Katie-Bug Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 7:55pm
post #14 of 21

My cousin's wife went grocery shopping in his truck and about a week and a half later he finally found were this horrible rank smell was coming from, a family package of hamburgermeat hide under the back seat.! tapedshut.gif

Did I mention this happened last 4th of July? tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif That had to be so bad!!

About three weeks ago my mother-in-law to be had a horrible smell in her formal dinning room and cleaned out the closet and removed the furniture thinking there would be a dead mouse under something. As she was putting everything back into the room, she moved this glass bowl and found the smell. Her and grandson and decorated eggs for easter and put them in this cute bowl. It had gotten covered up with some mail.

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:11pm
post #15 of 21

Rotten eggs are the worst!!!!

mommykicksbutt Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:57pm
post #16 of 21

yeah, I once spaced off a dozen eggs in the back seat after going grocery shopping, totally forgot about them until I ran out of eggs the next week. "Now I know I bought some!" Checked the car (hadn't driven anywhere in this car since grocery shopping much earlier last week), yup! found them, They got too hot in the car and some out them expanded and broke! I like to never got the smell out!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm
post #17 of 21

oh lets see, I had some ribs and BBQ beans in there.....when did we have beans??? Hmmmm....I always have to throw away lunch meat so I rarely buy it anymore...but what did I find in the drawer yesterday?? Ewww turkey from 6 months ago!!!! Egads

mbelgard Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:22pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

oh lets see, I had some ribs and BBQ beans in there.....when did we have beans??? Hmmmm....I always have to throw away lunch meat so I rarely buy it anymore...but what did I find in the drawer yesterday?? Ewww turkey from 6 months ago!!!! Egads

I'll have to tell my husband that, he was on me about the easter eggs that just got thrown out last week. icon_redface.gif I didn't ever get around to peeling off the wraps and we put scraps in the woods so I couldn't just toss them. icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:24pm
post #19 of 21

What do you all use to clean the sticky nasty spills in your fridge....There is raspberry filling spill in the bottom from ...ummmm.....I hate to say it...I don't know when.....I HATE cleaning the fridge...it's right up there with cleaning floors icon_sad.gif YUCK

Katie-Bug Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:57pm
post #20 of 21

Okay, thanks alot everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif After spending most of the morning yesterday reading this I ended up cleaning out three fridges and a freezer, it took me .....I'm ashamed to say this....three hours! icon_redface.gif

I too take scrapes out to the woods, it took five trips! I had two sinks full of bowls with icings scrapes in them. I also had to toss out old extra cakes from the freezer.

Actually thank you for sharing all this, I accomplised something yesterday that had needed to be done for months! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

So, what's stinky in my fridge now....nothing! Yay! I better enjoy it, it will only last about two more days! icon_biggrin.gif

mommykicksbutt Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:40pm
post #21 of 21

yuck! I found an icing bag with tip and collar left in my portable decorating totebag. It was left over from March! eeeewwwww!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%