White Chocolate Cake Recipe

Decorating By Liana Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm by CakesbyJam

Liana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liana Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:04am
post #1 of 14

Can I just take my regular white cake mix and add white chocolate to it? I usually use Betty Crocker.

13 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:15am
post #2 of 14

You can use one of the WASC cake variations:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

HTH

Jessica176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessica176 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:15am
post #3 of 14

I don't know about box mixes, but I just add some white chocolate to my scratch cakes after creaming the butter and sugar together. It always works out fine and depending on the recipe it makes it even more moist! I think it should work for box mix, but can't say for sure.

Liana Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 5:33am
post #4 of 14

Does the WASC cake need to be refrigerated, or can it sit out like a regular cake mix cake?

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:51am
post #5 of 14

Yes, the WASC cake can sit out. The WASC does not need to be refrigerated after it is baked. I love this cake and make it almost all of the time.

darkchocolate

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 14

Liana

Here is a recipe for white chocolate mud cake.
It very moist, rich and holds up to decorations well.
Best eaten at room temp, so no need for the fridge.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2398-4-Dreamy-White-Chocolate-Mud-Cake.html

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 14

Liana,
I have added white chocolate pudding to my enhanced cake mixes, and personally, they didn't taste as rich as I wanted for white chocolate cake.....I ended up adding white chocolate pudding to the raspberry filling in the cake, and that helped, but the next time, I will be trying one of the recipes here..........
Kerri

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 14

This recipe sounds delicious! I wonder though, is there a way to avoid getting chunks of chocolate in the icing? I tried making white chocolate icing, and i was sure it was slightly cooled before adding to B/C, but when I piped it, my tips were always getting clogged. Any suggestions?

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:48pm
post #9 of 14

Don't know if you are interested. But I made this cake from Land o Lakes website, and it was a huge hit with my family! Jen

http://www.landolakes.com/mealIdeas/ViewRecipe.cfm?RecipeID=10606b

Liana Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 8:13pm
post #10 of 14

Thanks everyone! I think I'll try the WASC cake recipe as I need to make an 11x15. Do I just use the white chocolate that you make chocolate molds with? The little circle shaped ones?

darkchocolate Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 8:50pm
post #11 of 14

I used Ghiradelli and Bakers white chocolate melted when I used the WASC cake. I melted 3 oz but you could use more than that. I have another recipe for a White Chocolate Lemon Cake that calls for 6 oz I believe.

darkchocolate

Liana Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:18pm
post #12 of 14

I couldn't find Ghiradelli or Bakers white chocolate melted. Will Perugina white chocolate bar work in my WASC cake?

darkchocolate Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:28pm
post #13 of 14

I am not sure about Perugina because I have never heard of it. I feel like it would be fine. Make sure on the ingredients it list cocoa butter as the main ingredient.

Quote:
Quote:

I couldn't find Ghiradelli or Bakers white chocolate melted.

I have never seen this chocolate melted and I don't think you can buy it that way. I melt mine in the microwave, on a setting for melting chocolate.

darkchocolate

CakesbyJam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyJam Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm
post #14 of 14

OMG.....I made WASC for Father's Day and used the recipe for choc. icing on the back of the Hershey's choc powder can...DELISH!!!! My husband now thinks this is the best cake ever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%