Latest Cakes

Decorating By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 6:07pm by rlsaxe

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Dec 2004 , 7:44am
post #1 of 19

Just thought I'd show my latest work.

http://community.webshots.com/album/105829536shRBtu

The Incredibles cake is showing blemishes in the picture you can't see in person. So, I'm not thrilled with this pic. This was the best of many.

18 replies
LeanLioness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanLioness Posted 10 Dec 2004 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 19

Dawn -

I love that Christmas Tree!! I have that pan at home also....do you mind if I try to do a rendition of your cake???

What tip did you use to make it look like a real fir tree?

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Dec 2004 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 19

Well, it's not my idea, I got it from Jeanne G at Ladycakes (some people know her from the Wilton Board). She had stated we are all allowed to use her idea, so I say, "Go for it!!"

I used the grass tip to create the needles. I used two different shades of green (but very close to the same shade) in my bag to give it a bit more depth and life.

Let me see it when you are done!!

chrisrich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisrich Posted 10 Dec 2004 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 19

Dawn,

I love the Christmas tree and the other is, well, incredible!
How did you make the character? Is it a transfer?
And where did you find the picture to transfer?

Thanks so much for your information!

~Christina

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 11 Dec 2004 , 4:29am
post #5 of 19

For the transfer I I got lazy! I started to make a sugar glaze, but I looked at all the buttercream i had left over and just couldn't bring myself to using even more product and have more left overs to store. I didn't have time to make a BCT so..........

I took my template, piped it in piping gel, and flipped it over to the cake and pressed the gel into the icing. I then removed the template. I traced over the gel outline with a thick black buttercream.

I took about 2 tablespoons of the color I needed and added karo syrup until the buttercream was of pouring consistency. I had to add at least an equal amount of karo, sometimes a bit more. I then placed the icing in a piping bag, clipped the tip off and filled in the outlines.

The template was all but impossible to find. After a lot of searching with no luck (give it a couple of weeks, they will be easier to find); I went to www.hasbro.com. It can also be found at Disney's site- the same picture. They had coloring pages there. But I was not able to save it to my computer as I usually do (then I could adjust the size). I had to print it as-is. It printed very small. So I had to take to Office Depot and enlarge it.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 11 Dec 2004 , 6:14am
post #6 of 19

Why did you not scan the plate on your scanner to get your photo???

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 11 Dec 2004 , 6:31am
post #7 of 19

because my computer is angry has decided it no longer likes my scanner. icon_cry.gif

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 11 Dec 2004 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 19

that bites....

awela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awela Posted 17 Dec 2004 , 4:19am
post #9 of 19

Simply GEORGEOUS, I love that Xmas Tree. Good job as usual.

rosenblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosenblue Posted 20 Dec 2004 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 19

Just a note from a slight computer nerd...a "so that's what that button's for" hint...

Anything that shows up on your screen can be saved.

Alt + Print Screen will "copy" the current window to the "clipboard". Open MS Paint or PowerPoint or Word and hit Ctrl+v to paste it (or use the Paste option in the Edit menu), then you can crop it and resize it as needed.

Just using Print Screen will copy you entire screen to the clipboard (including the taskbar & clock).

By the way, your cakes are great. I'm just a cake beginner, so I love all the great ideas on here. Thanks for sharing.

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 29 Jan 2005 , 8:00pm
post #11 of 19

cali4dawn,

Nice job on your cakes! I was wondering how you make your "cupcake cake"? Will you share?

Thanks!

~Luraleigh~

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 30 Jan 2005 , 12:04am
post #12 of 19

Luraleigh:

Absolutely!!

Go to my webshots page and you will find many many many tutorials. To go straight to the ccc's, go to "Cupcakes, making it a special event-tutorials." then look for the ccc tutorial. It's starts with the 8th picture in that album.

rosenblue:

Sorry, somehow I totally missed your post. That is exactly how I make my computer tutorials. I'd be lost without that button.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 30 Jan 2005 , 12:25am
post #13 of 19

cali4dawn
I leaned alot (I should say still learning) from your sight , THANK YOU.
It was a great tutorial!!! thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 30 Jan 2005 , 3:39am
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4dawn

Go to my webshots page and you will find many many many tutorials. To go straight to the ccc's, go to "Cupcakes, making it a special event-tutorials." then look for the ccc tutorial.

A big THANK YOU from me too! I never thought to fill a cupcake until I saw your tutorial thumbs_up.gif .

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 30 Jan 2005 , 10:22pm
post #15 of 19

Thanks Briansbaker and Lisa!

AAAAhhhh, Lisa! You'll be a huge hit at all the parties with that secret!!

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 31 Jan 2005 , 2:46am
post #16 of 19

cali4dawn,

Thank you so much for sharing your cupcake cake method, how cool!! I had never seen that done before! You are very talented and I sure enjoy and appreciate all the knowledge you have shared here and on the Wilton board.

Again thank you very much!!

~Luraleigh~

Chris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris Posted 31 Jan 2005 , 2:58am
post #17 of 19

Dawn,

Your cakes are perfect and beautiful, as usual! And I can't see a smudge anywhere on the incredibles!

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 31 Jan 2005 , 3:21am
post #18 of 19

Oh, Chris... you're just sweet talking me, now!! LOL!!!

Thanks to both of you (Luraleigh and Chris) for the kind words. Just remember, all those tutorials are not my idea (for instance the ccc) some are, but not most. I just took a good idea and personalized it for my use.

You do the same!!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 6:07pm
post #19 of 19

Great job! Looks fabulous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%