Edible Image On Chocolate??

Decorating By LeckieAnne Updated 28 Jul 2006 , 1:36pm by LeckieAnne

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 2:19am
post #1 of 4

I've never used an edible image, does anyone know if I could adhere an edible image to a 3D plaque made of chocolate? Or maybe color flow? I'd like to have a image of a couple dancing (matches the bride's invitations and theme) stand up on the top.

3 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 4

You can use edible images on chocolate or colorflow. For chocolate, you can place the image in a mold and pour the choc over it but it'll get translucent and shiny. I like attaching it to the choc after it sets using a thin layer of veg shortening to "glue" it on. To attach to colorflow, let the piece set and then moisten the surface slightly with water and apply the edible image.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Fascination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fascination Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 4

Hello;
I agree with Lisa, it can be done; the biggest challenge is to get the edible image in a shape and size that compliments the chocolate plaque. The background of your edible image will probably be very white; your chocolate will not match the color. So, your image would have to have a background extending past the edges of the plaque, or you would have to trim within the shape of the plaque and then add some type of border around it (either with chocolate or royal icing.
hope this helps
ciao

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys!! I hadn't thought about the color issues. And, I really don't want to put a border around it. Will just have to try it and see.

Thanks so much!! I feel like I've learned more in the days I've been visiting this site than in all my experience (which isn't tons, but...)

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%