Cookie Stamping

Baking By ribbitfroggie Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 3:32pm by CarolesCookies1

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:34am
post #1 of 10

Okay, I have an order for some sugar cookies with a company logo on them. I would really love to just be able to "stamp" the logo on MMF, but I am wondering if any of you ever done this and what you used. I stamped my LV purse (in photos) with "foamy-brand" stamps that I cut out and just dipped in Wilton gel colors, but I am wondering how long this would take to dry on a sugar cookie for bagging purposes. Is there something else I could use that would dry quicker? TIA?

9 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:54am
post #2 of 10

Instead of a stamp, my initial thought is a stencil where you would just use luster dust to stencil the design. That will dry very quickly with the use of vodka or extract.

You can also stamp with the wet luster dust.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:36am
post #3 of 10

I am also interested in this subject. I once tried stamping on RI with undiluted black wilton gel - not pleasant. Never dried and you wouldn't want to eat it (black teeth). I haven't tried again, but would like to find something like this that would work. I did wonder about using lustre dust - maybe stamp with vodka and sprinkle the dust over the top and knock off the excess?

miriel Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:47am
post #4 of 10

Luster dust mixed with vodka/extract in paint-like consistency will work better for stamping. Luster dust will not really settle onto the vodka by itself when you stamping with vodka and sprinkle luster dust.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:10am
post #5 of 10

I want to do some with a company logo for the place I work too. I have done it before (take a look at the picture of the black cake in my photos with the silver logo)

I made my own stencil and then used paint consistency to paint over the stencil. I think if I did a lot I would want to use a stamp, but I don't see why the luster dust mixed with vodka wouldn't work.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:19am
post #6 of 10

I stamped these with americolor gel mixed with vanilla and stamped with the chunky stamps. I stamped the mmf and then put it on the cookie. If I place the MMF on the cookie and then stamped I could not get a clean looking stamp.
LL

CarolesCookies1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolesCookies1 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 10

Hi,
I just found this web site and love it!!! So many talented people with really good ideas! I make cookie bouquets with rubber stamps. I have taught classes in the San Diego area for several years. I have had custom stamps made with the bridge and groom's initials intertwined that we used for bridal showers, etc.. They turn out beautifully!!! I have also had special birthday stamps made that were tiven out as party favors. Everyone I did this for loved them! On another note, I'm almost afraid to add this, but feel like I really should. I have worked in an ER for eighteen years. I know many people have differing feelings and ideas about the subject of using commercial rubber stamps on food. That was my thought when I started out, but after doing some research and conscious searching I made a decision to only use food safe rubber. The problem for me is twofold. Experience has taught me that if something weird is going to happen to anyone, it will probably be me. I know I would feel awful if even one person got sick and I thought there was even a remote possibility I could have contributed to it. I also worry about the legalities so I just decided to go along with the safer route. I respect the opinion of others and am not trying to convice anybody about anything. Just wanted to share some thoughts. Happy baking to everyone!

miriel Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 9:14pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolesCookies1

Hi,
I just found this web site and love it!!! So many talented people with really good ideas! I make with rubber stamps. I have taught classes in the San Diego area for several years. I have had custom stamps made with the bridge and groom's initials intertwined that we used for bridal showers, etc.. They turn out beautifully!!! I have also had special birthday stamps made that were tiven out as party favors. Everyone I did this for loved them! On another note, I'm almost afraid to add this, but feel like I really should. I have worked in an ER for eighteen years. I know many people have differing feelings and ideas about the subject of using commercial rubber stamps on food. That was my thought when I started out, but after doing some research and conscious searching I made a decision to only use food safe rubber. The problem for me is twofold. Experience has taught me that if something weird is going to happen to anyone, it will probably be me. I know I would feel awful if even one person got sick and I thought there was even a remote possibility I could have contributed to it. I also worry about the legalities so I just decided to go along with the safer route. I respect the opinion of others and am not trying to convice anybody about anything. Just wanted to share some thoughts. Happy baking to everyone!

Welcome to CC! icon_smile.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 11:58pm
post #9 of 10

I too am worried about food safety,that is why I used the chunky stamps. They are made of foam and not rubber. Am I not correct in thinking it would be be safe. If not, please let me know. I don't want to do something that could make someone sick. icon_surprised.gif

CarolesCookies1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolesCookies1 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 10

I don't use the foam stamps because I worry about bacteria. I work in an ER and admit being hypersensitive to these things. I prefer the unmounted dense rubber stamps. I only use food safe rubber. I like arranging my unmounted stamps on a clear acrylic block so I can see exactly where the stamp is on the cookie. I am trying to send a photo of a Valentine's Day cookie I made as handouts for a Valentine's party. Having a little bit of trouble--hope it works! This was a combination of a small chocolate bon-bon stamp and a little heart stamp. I painted it using specialty air brush colors. They were really cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%