Elegant Food For A Lingere Shower

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 3 Mar 2007 , 12:41am by peacockplace

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 26

Help! I'm totally stumped. I Need some elegant and romantic foods for a lingere shower. We will be using crystal glasses and china with candles and rose petals every where. What are some "pretty" shower foods?

25 replies
Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 26

I think petit fours are very elegant......depending on how they are decorated.

jessireb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessireb Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 26

Little tea sandwiches are always elegant, shrimp puffs, small finger foods, etc. If you display them elegantly then most anything will work.

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 26

Strawberries dipped in chocolate? Or even plain strawberries? My guests always love when I dip them in milk chocolate & then drizzle white choc over that.... also, you can use this dip for strawberries & any fruit - a jar of jet puffed "marshmallow fluff" (not sure what it's called!), + a room temp 8oz pack of cream cheese. Blend together & it's SO YUMMY! You can also tint it pink or red if you want (red may come out pink actually). I have also purchased a whole salami & cut it to look like a heart (make the bottom pointy & cut a "v" into the top), and then slice it & they come out like little hearts - and you can cut cheese into heart shapes as well... Stuffed mushrooms, bruchettia, any finger food should be great. I love your theme, good luck with the party!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 26

Do you have any mini tart pans. You can bake the crust and fill bavarian cream then lay some sliced strawberries on top. On make mini meriques, you can do a lot with the mini tart pans.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 26

I just saw in a magazine where they took strawberries cut in half length wise, hollow out with small mellon baller and filled with cream cheese. I am sure it is yummy and it looked so pretty.

Styrofoam topery (?) with fruit skewers in them to make beautiful trees. Do each skewer the same (cantalope,strawberry, grape) so it is uniform.

peacockplace Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 26

Oh my gosh... you guys are so great! I'm getting excited already!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:41pm
post #8 of 26

I have always wanted to do the little choc. cups and fill with liquor, bararian cream, or whip cream

NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 26

lady fingers

COOKIES decorated like lingere

Glass fluted bowl with fresh fruit

peacockplace Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 10:55pm
post #10 of 26

[quote="NEWTODECORATING"]I just saw in a magazine where they took strawberries cut in half length wise, hollow out with small mellon baller and filled with cream cheese. I am sure it is yummy and it looked so pretty.

Ooh.... that sounds so yummy! Any other ideas? icon_biggrin.gif

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 11:01pm
post #11 of 26

You can also use cookie cutters to cut out the little sandwiches to make them a little more special and cute too.

sdfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfisher Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 11:08pm
post #12 of 26

Those little mini quiches that you get at Sams, little mini cream puffs, how about a chocolate fondue. with fresh fruit, little bits of angel food cake, brownie bites...honestly, chocolate would be good on anything!!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 11:16pm
post #13 of 26

How about homemade pinwheel sandwiches made with colored bread and different fillings.Petite fours,Filo cups with any filling.Cheeseball and crackers.

sdfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfisher Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 11:23pm
post #14 of 26

You can take cherry pie filling, stir in some brandy....let it set for a few days in the fridge and then fill those little choc cups with it...omg..they are SOOOOOO good!!!

peacockplace Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:07am
post #15 of 26

Thank you all for the great ideas! You've got my creative juices flowing. Thanks! icon_lol.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:09am
post #16 of 26

Man all of those things sound so good! I want to come to the party!

peacockplace Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:20pm
post #17 of 26

Does anyone know how to do chocolate cups? I know you melt the candy melts or chocolate, but do you just prusk the sides of the little pans with the chocolate then let it dry? I've never molded a cup shape before.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:32pm
post #18 of 26

You brush the sides/bottom with the melted chocolate let it set up (fridge or freezer) and I have repeated a couple of times (depending on how thick the chocolate is) for more stability.

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:34pm
post #19 of 26

Peacock,
the easiest way to make chocolate cups is get cupcake papers...small or large, depending what you want. Melt your chocolate, then "paint" into the cup or you can even pour the melted chocolate into it then once coated, pour out the excess. It only takes about 2-3 minutes in the fridge for them to harden. I have done large ones for my brothers wedding a few years ago and put in strawberries and other fruit for the wedding party, and did the mini ones for the guests. They taste sooooo yummy too!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:42pm
post #20 of 26

Making your own mini quiches is easy! Take Pilsbury pie crusts, roll them out a little thinner, use a larger cookie cutter (we've used the star shape), place the crusts in mini cupcake pans and place some crumbled bacon in the bottom....... mix 3 eggs, 1 clove of garlic, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and some milk.... by the cookie scoopfull, fill the crusts and bake at 375 until golden brown.

You can also take the same pie crusts, place them in mini cupcake pans and bake until golden, cool and fill with mousse. My friend uses chocolate and pumpkin mousse in hers.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:09pm
post #21 of 26

The little choc. cordial cup molds can be bought at Michaels in the candy mold section. I fill them up with choc. set in the fridge for 1 min. that is long enough for the outer layer of choc to set up. bring them out of the fridge and turn mold upside down on a cooling rack with a drip pan under it. All of the excess choc. drips out and your molds are covered. Clean edges of cups so you have a smooth surface and back into the fridge for a few minutes. The excess choc can be scraped into a microwave bowl for reheating. This process is very fast!

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 2:23am
post #22 of 26

I tried to make some chocolate bowls once and they were cute, but after I made it, I took it out of the fridge and after just 20 or 30 minutes, I tired to pick it up and it turned into a big melted mess. I used semi-chocolate chips, though.

Is there anything I should do differently if I don't want to keep them chilled?

NEWTODECORATING Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 2:30am
post #23 of 26

I use candy melts.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 10:15pm
post #24 of 26

I have made Chocolate bowls using baloons. I have a book with the directions but can't find which book it is in. I want to say it is Betty Crockers Best Desserts.

Have your balloons blown up to be about 6-9 inches in size (small is good) Make sure you have washed your balloons in soap and water-and they aren't laytex Just in case anyone may be allergic.

But what my friend and I did was used almond bark. (but chocolate would be better i'm sure) Melt in a double boiler. Put in a small shallow baking dish. Then dip and roll your balloons in the chocolate until the bottom 1/4 to 1/3 of the balloon is covered. Make sure it isn't going above the rounded part, you want it to be an open bowl. Then set on a cooling rack to let excess drip through or on a cookie sheet to get a flater bottom. Once cooled and hardened pop your balloons and gently peel them out of the bowl. We started with white then drizzled chocolate on the outside of the bowl.

We filled with a strawberry banana sorbet, but you could also do fresh fruit or other sweets.

HTH

Leily

P.S. If you want the detailed directions let me know and I will go digging a little further for the book. It also has the recipe for strawberry banana sorbet in it.

peacockplace Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:01pm
post #25 of 26

Ok ... I'm getting ready for another shower, and the chocolate bowls sound so good. Any other ideas for filling them?

peacockplace Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 12:41am
post #26 of 26

Anyone have some more suggestions for yummy food for a lingere shower???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%