Please Someone Give Me Some Strawberry Cake Recipes

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 17 Jun 2007 , 9:55pm by Cakenicing4u

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 18

I hear about strawberries and cream cakes and am very interested in these. I know there are some on here in the recipe section, but does anybody have any personal recipes that would even be good as cupcakes , and something you have made a ton of times?

Also anything with chocolate covered cherries. My DH loves these and I would love to find a recipe incorporating these in the cake. Great fathers day cake icon_biggrin.gif

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

17 replies
ahmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahmommy Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 18

I just add chopped strawberries (fresh) and a little strawberry jello powder to my butter cake recipe and everyone LOVES it. I use for both cakes and cupcakes

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 18

i just use the dr. cake mix recipe and use 1 cup strawberry puree instead of the sour cream, and one box of strawberry jello, it is SOO delicious.

wgoat5 Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 12:08am
post #4 of 18

thank you all so much they both sound delicious!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 3:36am
post #5 of 18

Christi ... here's the link to a recent thread where I gave the recipe variations to add berries to the WASC recipe. Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=3475253#3475253

wgoat5 Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 10:53am
post #6 of 18

Thanks Jess, wrote that one down!!!!!!! Gonna try this week

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:26am
post #7 of 18

I've been looking for a scratch Strawberry recipe too. These sound delicious. I have 3 cakes to make this week so I will give it a try.

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:12am
post #8 of 18

One of the recipes in the forum files calls for "strawberry nectar"... any ideas? Is it just jam?

the recipe is called Strawberry Decadence...

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:31am
post #9 of 18

Strawberry nectar is found in the mexican food area in the grocery stores. It is a juice that is pretty much all fruit.

Stephanie

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:33am
post #10 of 18

Christi,

I have made this one for years and it has received raves.

DH Yellow cake mix
3 oz Strawberry jello (regular)
1/2 cup oil
1+1/4 C strawberries pureed (thawed)
3 eggs

After pureeing strawberries,strain & reserve 1/2 cup of juice for icing.
350 for 25-30 minutes

ICING

1 1/2 stick butter
3 oz cream cheese
2 lbs 10x sugar
1/2 cup strained strawberry juice

This is sooooo good and they keep coming back for more.

Judy

wgoat5 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:37am
post #11 of 18

Thanks Judy icon_biggrin.gif , can't have too many strawberry cake recipes especially in the summer !!! Will try this one also.

You know, I never knew what they used the strawberry nectar stuff for in the Mexican section of the grocery store. Now that is a good idea also!

wgoat5 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:44pm
post #12 of 18

Judy is that frozen sweetened strawberries that you pureed?

TIA icon_biggrin.gif

rmbias1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmbias1 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 7:00pm
post #13 of 18

wgoat5,
I have a recipe for a cherry chocolate chip cake. It includes cherries and choc. chips in the cake and choc. dipped cherries on top. It came out of a magazine and I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very yummy. If you are interested in the recipe pm me and I will be happy to share.
Michele B. in WV

Cakenicing4u Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 6:01pm
post #14 of 18

So this recipe calls for no water, and all the other recipes i found online called for more water-- I'm thinking the puree takes the place of the water, and here's to hoping, I'm making the first cakes now.... lol....

wgoat5 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:01am
post #15 of 18

Diane tell us how it comes out!!! PWEEETY PWEESE icon_biggrin.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 10:01pm
post #16 of 18

Sorry I'm just getting back to this thread.

Diana is right, My recipe does not call for any water because the strawberry puree and juice take the place. The tricky part is remembering to reserve some of the strained liquid for the icing.

Christi, it's too bad you had not asked about this when you were down here a couple of weeks ago because you could have picked-up some fresh Florida strawberries. But the frozen will do. I think the frozen ones do come sweetened .

Diana, don't forget to let us know how it turned out for you!!!!

wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 10:28am
post #17 of 18

Oh I know I could of kicked myself. Of course I didn't get oranges either...and we usually pick up pecans in Georgia to freeze for the holidays and didnt even do that icon_sad.gif . Thank you so much for the recipe. I'm going to make this for next week YUMMY.

Cakenicing4u Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 9:55pm
post #18 of 18

Well, all the comments I got were that it was yummy.. and i gave the recipe out more times than I can count since it was so easy to remember. It was good with buttercream and a hint of almond... but it was better with cool whip (I made parfaits out of the cake tops for hubby to take to work... imagine a bunch of auto mechanics ooohing and aaahhhhing over parfaits and not cars.... ) and it is my opinion that if you did the icing recipe that she offered...... ooohhh la la Incredible!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%