Need Baking Help Asap Please

Decorating By bakenbetty Updated 25 Jul 2006 , 1:58am by debsuewoo

bakenbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakenbetty Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 12:40am
post #1 of 10

hi everyone i just got a call to do a banana cake about an hour ago, i should of said no but i dont know how to icon_redface.gif . anyways the recipe i use says to bake at 275 for how ever long it takes, and for a 8x3 it takes about 2 hours i was wondering if anyone knows if it would be ok to up the degrees without hurting the cake, i just really want to get this one done fast can anyone help FAST icon_cry.gif

9 replies
leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 12:44am
post #2 of 10

I would think if you divided into 2 or 3 pans that might do it. So you have 2 or 3 thin layers.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 12:48am
post #3 of 10

That is a low temperature... there must be a reason the recipe said so. Maybe you could find a different recipe!

bakenbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakenbetty Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:04am
post #4 of 10

thanks leta that would be a good idea if only i owned more than one of the 8x3 pans icon_redface.gif lol.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:33am
post #5 of 10

If you have extra batter, you can bake in a larger pan, then cut out the size circle that you want (8"). I do that with anything smaller than a 6".

Just a thought.

bakerchick1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerchick1977 Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:40am
post #6 of 10

Is the temp for the cake in Farenheiht or Celcius? That might be the difference.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:42am
post #7 of 10

I can't help you with the recipe you have but I do have the Banana Nut Cake recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor...it is delicious. If you're interested in it, just say the word & I will send it your way.

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:46am
post #8 of 10

I'm probably too late to help tonight, but you can make "extra" pans out of aluminum foil, in a pinch.

Take 3 layers of heavy duty foil and mold them over the outside of the pan. Make a long "band" of folded foil to wrap around the pan to reinforce it, then fold the corners of the foil sheets down and smooth them on the bottom of the pan.

This pan will make a cake slightly larger than the original pan, since the inside of the foil pan is the same size as the outside of the original, so if you need several of the same size, you might want to make enough foil pans to just use those.

hth!

Laura.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:51am
post #9 of 10

Extra pans can be made frum aluminum foil. I've done it before. Just make sure you have enough layers to support your cake batter.

What about putting a flower nail in the pan?

GOOD LUCK!! (I know how hard it is to say no.)

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:58am
post #10 of 10

I don't see the harm in raising the temp to 325. It will nake the cake cook faster but not rise as high.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%