Gumpaste Moth Orchid

Decorating By Kiwi777 Updated 8 Jun 2007 , 8:38pm by bobwonderbuns

Kiwi777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiwi777 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone. I just bought a cutter/veiner set for a moth orchid, but the instructions that came with it aren't at all clear. I was wondering if anyone has really good instructions on how to make this orchid. I do best by following pictorial instructions, but anything would help at this point! Thanks so much!

5 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 6

I have some my little Kiwi friend. PM me your email address and I will send the instructions to you as an attachment.
Shirley

Kiwi777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiwi777 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Shirley! My email address is [email protected]. I can't wait to make these orchids. By the way, I just looked at your cakes and they are beautiful. You are very talented and I hope to be that good one day! Thanks again.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

Hi Kiwi! If you look at my pix, the 35th wedding anniversary cake was done with gumpaste moth orchids. If you have any questions on how they were done, PM me and I'm glad to help! icon_biggrin.gif

Letty4060 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letty4060 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 6

Help! I am making some flowers ahead of time but my icing is toooo stiff and if I add more water they seem to just melt. I am using the recipe in the Wilton book. Can someone help me?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 6

What kind of icing are you working with? I believe Kiwi is referring to gumpaste, which is not an icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%