Krispy Kream

Decorating By 8Tracie8 Updated 12 Jun 2007 , 5:18pm by Coraellen

8Tracie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8Tracie8 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 26

I have a birthday cake to make next month for a little boy that loves Krispy Kream donuts..... does anyone know of a recipe for a cake that tastes like K.K.'s donuts?? icon_smile.gif

25 replies
Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 26

Hmmmm....nope.
Maybe someone else has your answer'-)

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 26

No, but what about making the cake look like a giant donut? I think that there is an example in the gallery because I'm pretty sure I saw one here.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 3:06am
post #4 of 26

do you want a scratch recipe, or a recipe from a mix ?

BoothsBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoothsBest Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 3:29am
post #5 of 26

I don't know of one, but Paula Deen has a bread pudding recipe that uses Krispy Kreme donuts. You can find it on Food Network. Just FYI

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 3:33am
post #6 of 26

You can find Krispy Kreme copycat recipes online but I think you have to fry them like real donuts or they won't taste the same.

8Tracie8 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

do you want a scratch recipe, or a recipe from a mix ?

Either or both..... doesn't matter to me. I would love nothing more than to surprise this boy with a cake that tastes like his favorite donut! Thanks!! thumbs_up.gif

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 26

I would also love nothing more than to EAT a cake that tasted like a krispy kreme doughnut!!! I hope you get an answer to this!

8Tracie8 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #9 of 26

Me too! Wonder if I should send her a PM? Think I will just in case.

vcr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcr Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 3:23pm
post #10 of 26

I made a cookie monster that looks like he's stuffing his month with a bunch of cookies. Why Not make it look like a boys face & use real donuts instead. I used the half ball pan & put on a single sq. cake. Hope this helps! I've try to attach a picture. but says its to big. Can I email it to you? If want me to that is!

8Tracie8 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 6:20pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcr

I made a cookie monster that looks like he's stuffing his month with a bunch of cookies. Why Not make it look like a boys face & use real donuts instead. I used the half ball pan & put on a single sq. cake. Hope this helps! I've try to attach a picture. but says its to big. Can I email it to you? If want me to that is!

Sure! [email protected]

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcr

I'd love to see a picture of your cake! It sounds adorable! This is a great website for resizing pictures ... http://www.shrinkpictures.com.

vcr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcr Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:04pm
post #13 of 26

Hope this works. Thing for sharing the shrink site. Wonderd how you all did that!
LL

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 26

Just to let you all know...the Krispy Kreme bread pudding of Paula Deens is AWESOME!!!! The glaze makes it! IMO icon_biggrin.gif

8Tracie8 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 11:31pm
post #15 of 26

That cake is really cute! I still haven't heard from txkat..... hopefully she'll send the recipe soon.

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:14pm
post #16 of 26

wgoat5, you actually put all that fruit cocktail in there? To me I'd rather just eat a box of krispy kreme's!

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:21pm
post #17 of 26

Just an idea, but I think it would be really cute to do a regular cake that looks like a Krispy Kreme box, and have real Krispy Kreme donuts lying on the cake board around it.

sugarbakerqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbakerqueen Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura102777

Just an idea, but I think it would be really cute to do a regular cake that looks like a Krispy Kreme box, and have real Krispy Kreme donuts lying on the cake board around it.

OK. THAT is an awesome idea! thumbs_up.gif
I know that Krispy Kreme does wedding cakes now. Maybe you could find a website that talks about construction of this cake and cut it down a little?? icon_cool.gif

sugarbakerqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbakerqueen Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:33pm
post #19 of 26

http://www.austinweddings.com/bridexgallery/krispykreme_home.shtml

This is a fun website. It is a krispy Kreme wedding cake contest! icon_lol.gif

cakesbyjess Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:56pm
post #20 of 26

vcr ... your Cookie Monster cake is adorable!!! Such a creative idea!!! thumbs_up.gif

I love Laura102777's idea to make the cake look like a Krispy Kreme box and put real donuts around it!!! thumbs_up.gif

8Tracie8 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:06pm
post #21 of 26

Well, I sent txkat a private message 3 days ago and still haven't heard anything. Guess I will give up on my quest for a Krispy Kreme cake recipe. Thanks for all of your help.

praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:49pm
post #22 of 26

What about a cake made out of krispy kreme donuts? You could use plain krispy kreme donuts, layer them, cover them with chocolae icing or some other icing that would be compatible with a donut, and keep stacking.

8Tracie8 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 4:42pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian2000

What about a cake made out of krispy kreme donuts? You could use plain krispy kreme donuts, layer them, cover them with chocolae icing or some other icing that would be compatible with a donut, and keep stacking.

The little boy the cake is for is wanting a sheet cake with another cake on top carved to look like Jimmie Johnson's Nascar race car...... think that cake might be hard to make out of donuts! LOL He LOVES Krispy Kreme's so I thought I would post something to see if anyone has a recipe. No biggie though. Thanks for your help!! thumbs_up.gif

jnoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnoel Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:02pm
post #24 of 26

I would think a honey bun cake would be very similar...just leave out or cut down on the cinnamon. Here's one recipe, but you can find a bunch if you google.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Bun-Cake-I/Detail.aspx

cakesbyjess Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #25 of 26

jnoel ... that Honey Bun cake sounds SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the link! thumbs_up.gif

Coraellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coraellen Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:18pm
post #26 of 26

Maybe you could make a krispy cream doughnut but not cut it in a circle. Fry it the shape of the cake pan and decorate it as you would a normal cake and he would have a donut as a cake but not know it untill he eats it. If the doughnut will hold up..you might have to make a couple of layers with the glaze in the middle.

Here is a recipe for the Doughnuts

http://www.recipezaar.com/63746
or
http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=008VU9

Let us know what you end up doing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%