The People On Cc

Decorating By mittmitt Updated 23 Jul 2006 , 2:26am by JulieB

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 14

are just so awesome, I'm so glad I found this site! The pictures are awesome, even the beginners are pretty darn good. It's nice to know that I can ask what seems to be a stupid question and I will get back the most helpful replies. But I guess you have to ask or you'll never know the answer icon_smile.gif I love looking at the pics in the gallery, maybe someday I will be as good as some of the people on here. Sometimes I feel embarassed by some of my cakes, but I just chalk it up to experience and tryto improve on what I did wrong on the previous one. Sorry this just seems like I'm rambling on and on, but I just had to post and give you guys praises. icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 14

YES people here are helpful. I improved a lot just by being in here (but too much addictive, my house cleaning suffers icon_surprised.gif ) I learned new techniques that makes people talk when they see my cakes, but there's no way I'm telling them tapedshut.gif it's a secret!! icon_lol.gif Don't be afraid to ask questions and show your cakes!! when you're not sure about something you did on a cake, show the picture, and you'll get tips to improve!!

Have fun!!!

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 14

I agree that CC people are awesome! I am amazed at how quickly someone will jump on a topic and help me. Thanks to everyone from me too!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 14

I have never been left with an unanswered question here. Funny thing is you get to feeling that you know everyone so well just by reading their posts. Enjoy and have lots of fun!

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 14

When I joined this site, I started only by looking at pictures. I would get on everytime I was looking for a decorating idea. I always saw those little "topic thingies" at the top of the home page but did not really pay much attention.

But, one day I actually took the time to read some of those "topic thingies" on the top, opened them up, actually leared something........and so the additiction began!!!!!

It still took me some time to "join in" to ask questions and post replies....and once I started that, well, what's beyond addiction?

I would have NEVER tried half of the things I have if it wasn't for this site. I look at many members pics and think..."If I had just half her/his tallent...I'd be happy." And then I posted a few pics and got comments on them, people saying "Wow, your so creative" or "I love your cake"...so, if this site is an addiction - getting positive feedback on one of your own cakes is the high from the drug. I still have miles to go...but with the things I learn from here, I am getting better every day!

Thank you mitmit and pootchi and every cc member who posts a pic or participates in a forum!!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 14

I'm gonna jump in here.....

I think this site is so awesome (as my 5 yo would say!)

No one will say anything mean to you if you ask a stupid question. And, everyone is truly so helpful!

Thanks!!

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mittmitt

are just so awesome, I'm so glad I found this site! The pictures are awesome, even the beginners are pretty darn good. It's nice to know that I can ask what seems to be a stupid question and I will get back the most helpful replies. But I guess you have to ask or you'll never know the answer icon_smile.gif I love looking at the pics in the gallery, maybe someday I will be as good as some of the people on here. Sometimes I feel embarassed by some of my cakes, but I just chalk it up to experience and tryto improve on what I did wrong on the previous one. Sorry this just seems like I'm rambling on and on, but I just had to post and give you guys praises. icon_biggrin.gif

I agree. I always am thinking the same thing too. I'm trying to learn without classes so my cakes will be looking pitiful for awhile. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 14

CC ROCKS! party.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 5:31pm
post #9 of 14

I love CC and all the wonderful members who share their 'secrets' and give us help.
When I first signed on, I would just look at all the fantastic cakes made by ''real'' people and hoped someday that I could be one of them. I have learned so much through the forum page.
There are NO stupid questions!! Just questions about things you have yet to learn.

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 14

I agree - This place is the BEST!!!! I had never even heard of FBCT before and have tried it and loved it. Other things I have tried are Ganach-love it!! New BC recipes - have so much experimenting to do, Cake Extender - excellent!!! and the list goes on.
Then, talk about the advice and support - WOW is all I can say!! This place is amazing!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif My roses have never looked better, I've never smoothed a cake quite so nicely, first place I turn to find a better way!! Thanks everyone!!!

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 6:42pm
post #11 of 14

I love the sense of community. I also love the fact that I can relax instead of stress when I have a question. I always know that someone on cc will have an answer!

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 7:19pm
post #12 of 14

I know what you mean! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Prior to this I was like a Freaking vegetable with no inspiration!
( Actully I still feel like a VEGETABLE WITH ONE LEAF LEFT IN MY NOGUN icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ).
Twenty practical years in the food indusrty plus I teach - I felt burnt out !but here I am still fancinated by other people's work! I love it! I want to be like them when I grow up! I'm in my 40ssssss icon_redface.gif

The CC folks are VERY inspiring, TALENTED and always willing to share their knowledge.

This place has REALLY MOTIVATED ME in more ways than I could ever express. I know this sounds like SUCK UP- BUT IT'S NOT. I JUST DON'T FEEL ALONE IN SUGAR HEAVEN anymore.

Now if I can only spend less time on line and more time practising! But! I perfer to work at night and I hang out with my CC buds when the sun's up.
STOP BABBLING AND GET OFF tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif
I go now.
from your twisted sister
Thanx all thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 7:33pm
post #13 of 14

This site is amazing! I have learned so many techniques and gotten so much usefull information here. I still have many questions and so much to learn but I now know where to go to get answers. I was almost to the point of giving up on cake decorating until I stumbled on to this site. It is definately addictive. I love it icon_biggrin.gif

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 2:26am
post #14 of 14

I gotta tell you, I am on several boards. Some of them, the people are mean, flat mean. In fact, one I am on, the people there are predominantly Christian, it's a christian singer's board, and the people there are so mean and spiteful.......... The folks here are so nice, they always have an answer for what you want to know.

y'all are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%