3D Scull Cake

Decorating By morgiana Updated 21 Jul 2006 , 12:49pm by morgiana

morgiana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgiana Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:54am
post #1 of 4

Hi guys, my husband and I are invited to the BBQ party at one of his friends. There will be quite a number of metal heads, so I decided to make a scull cake. I have seen in the galeries the stunning 2D scull. BUt I was dared by my hubby to do 3D scull. Any tips on carving, sculls or whatever relatred would be more than useful! I want to have this kind of gothic like effect... you know scull on the board with maybe rose or sth icon_confused.gif
Thanks a bunch!
Kasia

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 11:45am
post #2 of 4

will this do?

skull cake (may have to scroll to find it) (she's got lots of interesting cakes!)
-----------------
front sketch of skull from internet: http://home.flash.net/~rosabas/Skull.jpg

for fun skull w/ top hat http://www.tattoosymbol.com/articles/skull-top-hat.jpg

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 4

Oh! That sounds like fun! I don't know what you should do, but if I were doing it I think I'd start with the ball pan or an oval layer cake. I have two teenagers into metal music. I did do a cook skull cake once, but it wasn't 3-D. I'd like to share it anyhow:
LL

morgiana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgiana Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 4

Doug, thanks a bunch! the first graphic is great! that's kind of template I was looking for! Yes I know the webpage you linked to, but for my purposes I think the tutorial of orc's head was the most handy. But thanks anyway!
TheVienneaus, that's a nice cake! But I really got stuck with the 3D cake idea. When once I get obsessed with sth, I am lost icon_wink.gif The second reason to go for 3D is to proove myself that I can do that. and the third is that: I am one of the 2 girlfriends/wives who were invited to this male party, so I want to surprise them to enormous extend icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%