Diabetic Cakes And Frostings

Decorating By GenGen Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 12:50pm by grami948

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 5:50am
post #1 of 7

My mother; neighbor and son etc were recently diagnosed with adult onset diabetes ( i believe type II) neighbor was diagnosed "prediabetic" etc and i know many many more who ARE diabetic and are long term who oft request cakes from me but i know they pass on partaking of them due to their change in lifestyle and diets.

I'd like to get some cake recipes and frostings from those of you who have had experience in making these cakes and frostings (or have suddenly found a good one! hehe)

I'm really interested in creating something for them so they aren't excluded out on special occassions.

I will add i usually dont make my own cakes from scratch as those i have attempted in the past were dry and bland so be kind and remember in this field i'm a novice icon_biggrin.gif

many many thanks!

6 replies
GenGen Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:52am
post #2 of 7

*bumps* ideas anyone? i'm surprised no one's noticed this one yet icon_smile.gif

mdefossett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdefossett Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 12:30am
post #3 of 7

I am having the same problem. Doing a cake for a baby shower in a couple of weeks and mother in law & grandma are diabetic. I would like to make a diabetic cake for them.

GenGen Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 1:22am
post #4 of 7

guess i'll have to crack open the google text books then. i had found some recipies but was hoping to find some from members Here who have actually Made some and tried some and would have some to Recommend icon_sad.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 11:57am
post #5 of 7

Try Splenda.com they have some good diabetic dessert recipes, not just cakes. HTH.

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 7

Click on the Search tab here at CC & type in diabetic. It will bring up various threads, photos, etc. Hope this is of some help!

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 12:50pm
post #7 of 7

Haven't tried this but read about it......http://earlenescakes.com/icings.htm . Also there are some recipes here: http://www.baking911.com/asksarahbb/index.php?showtopic=1441 . Pillsbury has just put out a reduced sugar cake mix that *might* be of some help as well. I've not made mine yet but have a box of it to try from WalMart. You might also check the forums on www.wilton.com. Sure hope this is of some help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%