Vanilla Buttercream

Decorating By DFND Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 7:14pm by gourmetcakes

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 7

Is there a recipe for Vanilla flavored Buttercream?

6 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 7

I am not sure specifically - but I think the "usual" recipe is vanilla. If you want, you could add some extra vanilla to really get a stronger "vanilla" flavor. I personally like a good quality vanilla better - at least definitely not imitation vanilla flavor (like the clear stuff). But, "real" vanilla will turn your frosting slightly ivory depending on how much you use.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 7

I use the Buttercream Dream recipe from this site, which calls for quite a bit of vanilla. It has a strong vanilla flavor. I also use pure vanilla extract, which I think has a stronger flavor than imitation.

I imagine you could add vanilla extract to any bc recipe.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 7

Most buttercream recipes call for vanilla. It's kind of the "default" flavor.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

I have this awesome recipe. It is so good! And if you have trouble finding vanilla beans where you are, I got mine from a health food store.

http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/food/recipes/food_200504_vbfrost.jhtml

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry to get off subject but I make my own vanilla.

Rub four vanilla beans with the dull edge of a knife to evenly distribute the beans. Then cut the beans in half lengthwise and place in a bottle of vodka. Seal the bottle and put in a cool, dark place for four to six months. Shaking the jar occasionally until the flavor of the extract has mellowed.

Takes some time but is great and I can make it in half gallon jugs of vodka so I always have plenty.

gourmetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetcakes Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 7

How about adding a little dry French Vanilla Coffee Mate Creamer to your recipe?!?!?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%