Pirouette Cookie Cake???

Decorating By Danishwiz Updated 23 Jul 2007 , 10:55pm by Shaynamills

Danishwiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danishwiz Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, I love the idea of this cake that I have seen many of on this site. However I need help. I want to do a french vanilla cake with chocolate ganache, however all the cakes I have looked at I don't see ganache as a filling. Can you use ganache as a filling or should I do a chocolate mousse filling and just put ganache on the top.
Thanks!

5 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know why you couldn't use ganache as a filling. You would have to let it set up some if you want more than just a thin layer, but it should work fine. It would be awfully rich, so I would just be careful about how much you use. Another option is whipped chocolate ganache, there's a recipe on this site, and it is to die for!

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah you could use ganache as a filling, one of my favorites icon_wink.gif I use the normal recipe for ganache (with dark chocolate the same amount of chocolate as of whipping cream), i let it cool and then with the mixer whip it. Works great for me! icon_smile.gif But is is indead a heavy filling so i wouldn't use much of it.

jillycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillycakes Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 6

Ganache makes a wonderful filling. Make sure to let it cool. I would also use an icing damn.

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

I too have used ganache as a filling and loved it. Just a tip, i had to make like 20 of these for mothers day so i acutally used love letters instead of pirouette cookies and i got twice as many in a reusable container for the same price. And in my opinion they looked prettier. Also put them on as last minute as possible cuz they do go stale after a while. Good luck.

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 6

Rosita,
What are love letters? That sounds interesting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%