Input On My Logo

Business By peytonsmommy Updated 7 Jun 2007 , 7:50pm by ccwkg

peytonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peytonsmommy Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:43am
post #1 of 48

After making 13 (yes 13!) of these suckers in the last 3 hours, I have it narrowed down to two different logos and can't decide.

The first one I like, but it covers up the "You're Invited" on the front of the card and i'm not sure if you can really tell it's an invitation then.

The second one I like and the layout looks good w/ the way my website is set up, but the centered one just catches my eye differently.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the green underline either.

Any suggestions?
LL
LL

47 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:47am
post #2 of 48

I like the second one the best!

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:48am
post #3 of 48

I vote for the first picture with your name off-center. I find it more appealling.

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:49am
post #4 of 48

I think I like the off-centered one better. It looks less cluttered. GREAT design!

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:49am
post #5 of 48

I think I like the off-centered one better. It looks less cluttered. GREAT design!

mamaof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:51am
post #6 of 48

I like number 12. Everything is very clear and easy to read. I really love the colors.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:53am
post #7 of 48

You know, I have been sitting here looking at both of these cards for at least 3 or 4 minutes and I have to go with the second one only because it keeps drawing my eyes to it. It looks very nice in every aspect and although the lettering overlays the cake and card it looks like it is supposed to be that way and is very clear and easy to understand.
So, the centered card gets my vote.
Great job!

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:53am
post #8 of 48

first one. i think its too hard to read the second one. they look great!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:53am
post #9 of 48

i like the first one because you can't read the "your invited" in the second. it looks like just a square....... but i really think the colors are pretty and very appealing. Good luck!
it looks like you allready have great vision!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:54am
post #10 of 48

I prefer the off-centered one. Everything on it is easily read and seen.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:57am
post #11 of 48

great job on both, but i like #11 the best.

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:59am
post #12 of 48

My vote if for #2, but I like them both.

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:06am
post #13 of 48

definately the first design the second is congested and the client just wouldn't get it. The first is clear thet yes you make cards and cakes and it flows nicely the blank space is what draws the flow. The second looks at a quick glance (first impression)that you make cakes from paper. Possibly plural cake to cakes.
Good Luck

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:11am
post #14 of 48

it looks like it's a toss up!!!

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:12am
post #15 of 48

I pick the first one BUT you should reverse the order.

Meaning, you should put the pics first then the wording.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:14am
post #16 of 48

i like the off centered one. it is clean and clear icon_smile.gif

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:16am
post #17 of 48

I'm on the fence with this one. At first, I liked the off centered one better. It caught my eye because it wasn't symmetrical and looked interesting, and I could read the You're invited. The more I looked at them, the more I thought the centered one looked...I'm not sure what word I'm looking for--professional, elegant, clean???? I agree with everyone else that the You;'re invited part just looks like a green background on that one. The more I look, the more I like the centered one. I can see why you're having a hard time. I can't choose and it's not even my logo! Great job on them!

krazeekaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazeekaker Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:19am
post #18 of 48

i agree with mamaberry. i like the first one with with the graphic first. it helps draw the eye to what you're actually advertising for.

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:19am
post #19 of 48

I like the secon one better but the words are harder too read. What if you changed the bottom "custom cakes and cards" to the green color instead of peach? might make them easier too read

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:22am
post #20 of 48

My vote is for the off-centered one. You can see your pictures clearly and it makes sense.

On the second one you don't know what is behind the words so much. You know a cake is there but what is the other one (without you telling us what it is, of course). HTH

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:26am
post #21 of 48

I like both but I go for Logo12. This logo explain well, what you do.

So ..........Good Luck!

Thanks
Nitu

meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:30am
post #22 of 48

I like the first. You could include your contact info under the name in the empty space on some business pieces.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:33am
post #23 of 48

I like the first on the best! I like how you can see everything and your name is off centered. Looks interesting.

Just an idea...haven't seen if anyone said it yet.
Maybe, if you move the "Papercakes" down just a tad it might be more appealing to your eye...for you I mean. Then it wouldn't be to the tippy top of the page and you might like it more! (this is partly my husband's fault for making me so picky on composition! LOL)

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:34am
post #24 of 48

I like the second one!!!

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:48am
post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

I like the first on the best! I like how you can see everything and your name is off centered. Looks interesting.

Just an idea...haven't seen if anyone said it yet.
Maybe, if you move the "Papercakes" down just a tad it might be more appealing to your eye...for you I mean. Then it wouldn't be to the tippy top of the page and you might like it more! (this is partly my husband's fault for making me so picky on composition! LOL)

I agree with the above, I like the first one, but the first thing you see is Papercakes, then you really have to read what the rest says. I think that maybe you might want to see what it looks like if you move down the " custom cards and cakes" or even put it as custom cakes and cards' what is it that you do more of? Whatever you do most of, put that first.

When I posted the same request as you a few days back, someone reminded me, that your potential clients will read it for 2 seconds, so what can you read in 2 sec.

Love the colors, you have done a great job... what program did you use?

Good Luck

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:17am
post #26 of 48

I can't decide on which one is better, but the colored dots in the background make them both difficult to read, way too busy for me. They are cute though!

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:22am
post #27 of 48

I think they are cute but I realy don't care tapedshut.gif for either... I think they are too busy for a Logo. For a business card they are perfect... but a logo should be simple and eye catching, it is your brand (like how cows are branded... hot permanent stamp... easy to recognize)

mpc

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:25pm
post #28 of 48

I like the first one but take out the underline. JMHO.

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:59pm
post #29 of 48

I like both of them.
~ #11 continues to catch my eye every time I look at them both.
~ #12 is nice & clean and the invitation is seen easily.

Both are beautiful!

Here's the "but" ~ After I looked at both several times as I was reading all the posts, it wasn't until I got to the very end that I realized part of your business is "invitations". vrmcc1's comment is what made me realize there were cards involved because I went back to see what the peach color said. Of course, I'm on a cake site and my mind is on cakes icon_lol.gif . I thought the invitation had something to do with you inviting folks to come and check out your cakes icon_redface.gif . And I thought "Papercakes" is a very neat and unique name. Of course, if I had read the"Custom cards and cake" part, maybe I would have caught the idea better. "Sorry, I don't catch on to things easily icon_lol.gif . So maybe the peach could be a different color or maybe a little darker.

Also, do you want it to read "Custom cards and cake" or Custom cards and cakes"?

Again, both are beautiful! Based on the type of your business, my vote would be #12. thumbs_up.gif

rustyk10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rustyk10 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:05pm
post #30 of 48

I definitely prefer the offset one, in comparison the other one looks cluttered.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%