Need Opinions On Business Card

Decorating By debilou68 Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 3:26pm by debilou68

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 13

Hi, everyone
I'm working on making a business type card to put on my boxes when I have a cake order... Would like opinions? I can take constructive criticism so please tell me what ya think,,, the image is one I found in the clipart on Word...

oops, forgot to add the image..
LL

12 replies
0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 13

Ive always used vistaprint for cards i have needed. If you sign up to their mailing list you get specials all the time. I find that normally i only have to pay for shipping and they have a ton of designs!!!!!

HTH

debilou68 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 13

thank you ,, i'm still working on trying to do my own,, but i did like that site,, thanks

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 6:16am
post #4 of 13

Just me... take the pic of the cake you currently have...center it, then give it some gradual fade, where it's still visible but shaded - and then take your potential business name, center it up at the top, the rest looks nice though.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:29am
post #5 of 13

I agree with newlywed....
I love the cake pic you have, but I would put it in the center with your name arched over it.

I don't think you need to fade the photo, but I do think that you don't really need the "need a cake? call me" line...

just your phone info on the bottom is fine....leaves you more space to write your name larger and it will be more visually pleasing.

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:38am
post #6 of 13

Yep... I agree with cake centered and drop the need a cake give me a call line.

Cute business name and you found a great pic to use! thumbs_up.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:43am
post #7 of 13

I really like the idea of one of your own cakes (you have fabulous ones to choose from!), maybe with a "softening" effect or a "misty" effect. And, then your company name and phone number. Simple and elegant!

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 11:57am
post #8 of 13

I used visa print. Take a look at my card! All comments are welcome!
LL

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:00pm
post #9 of 13

How about adding your email address? I sometimes have people that want to email me designs and ideas, so I've found it helpful.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgriffiths

How about adding your email address? I sometimes have people that want to email me designs and ideas, so I've found it helpful.

great idea....instead of your name and phone# on the bottom....you could write your email address and phone #.....everyone already knows your name is DebiLou...

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:21pm
post #11 of 13

First of all icon_wink.gif GREAT that you are making your own cards!! I have made my own website (with help of my husband) and it gives a lot of satisfaction when it is finished.

I would also go for a photo of your own cake in the middle, makes it a bit more personal. And yeah drop the line of need a cake, i would just put your business name there of even your own name under it. Further the email address i would certainly add, it is a lot easier for people to email for information than to call. And if you are having a website of some kind of photo-album on the web you can also add that address.

Have fun with the designing and goodluck with your cakeselling!! thumbs_up.gif

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:03pm
post #12 of 13

I also use vista, but you have been given some great ideas. Please let us see the finished product.

debilou68 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:26pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas,,, this is what i've come up with for right now,,, i do like the suggestion of one of my own cakes with name arched over it,, might try that later.. Thanks again..
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%