How Do I Make Tissue Paper Coming Out Of A Cake Box?

Decorating By dtmc Updated 18 Jul 2006 , 3:42am by brightbrats

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 2:40am
post #1 of 5

How is this done? I have seen people make the box look with tissue coming out and I wondered how this is achieved?

Also, what is the best way to make a lid look like it is sliding off the cake?

4 replies
shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

i was gonna ask the same question. icon_biggrin.gif

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5

Here is a picture of one that is awesome. It was made by Twinsline7.
icon_surprised.gif
You might PM her and ask how she did it.

She is the GREATEST, about helping out. thumbs_up.gif
LL

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 3:36am
post #4 of 5

OH MY GOSH bright!!! thank you...Im sooo flattered!!! icon_redface.gif

dtmc, I'll answer you here so that way if someone else has an easier way of doing it they can help you too! thumbs_up.gif

I made my tissue out of mmf.....I rolled it out and cut it into I believe 9 squares.....I pinched each square like you would a piece of tissue paper and I set them in the top part of my wilton box(where you store your tips).....that way some of them kind of "flopped over" to give it more of a tissue effect.....I let them dry over night....then I 'propped' the lid up with wooden skewers....I made 6....two each in 3 different lengths....the longer length in the middle then two after that and the shortest which was barely higher then the bottom cake in the back....then I stuffed the tissue piece inside....to fill the gap....I attached mine with royal icing...just little daps to bind it to the box and lid.

I hope this helps....I think to offset the shoe box lid you can do pretty much the same thing for lifting the lid....just off to the side.

I really hope I helped and not confused!! If you need anything else or for me to clarify dont hesistate to pm me!!! thumbs_up.gif

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 3:42am
post #5 of 5

Told you she was the greatest didn't I ?

It might not look like it from my pictures, but she has helped me out alot. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%