Need Idea For A Black/white/hotpink Girly 16 Yr Old Bday?

Decorating By dtmc Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 3:15pm by littlemissmuffin

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 19

Help!!!!!!!!!!

I was just asked to do a cake without limits and cost is no option!!!!!!!! All they request is black/ white/ hot pink for a very girly 16 year old girl. A big bday celebration thrown by the parents for 100 people.

ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE.........I'm excited to do this one but want a FABULOUS looking cake!

THANKS,
Tiffany

18 replies
redsoxgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redsoxgirl Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 12:30am
post #2 of 19

here are a few i found in my "collection" of photos. i hope you can draw some inspiration from them icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 12:39am
post #3 of 19

the zebra stripes, different shades of pink (especially hot pink), maybe use a hot pink feather boa as trim around your cake base?, polka dots and stripes are really considered "in" right now, as well as spirals.

pink and black also always makes me think of a paris theme. you can try something like that...maybe a shilloute (spelling?) of a girl holding some shopping bags while walking a poodle? i''m not sure where, but i saw a template that you could copy of an image like that.

you can also do a variation of the above picture of the different circles but with hearts and polka dots. stars are also popular right now. and glitter is always girly!

HTH!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 12:43am
post #4 of 19

I love your cakes Redsoxgirl! Did you paint the zebra stripes on the fondant?

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 3:21am
post #5 of 19

This is in the Wilton 2007 yearbook on page 94. I think that it is very pretty. I am trying to upload it for you.
LL

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 3:36am
post #6 of 19

Can you call them back and ask them to tell you what she is really interested in besides boys? That would be helpful.

redsoxgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redsoxgirl Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:44am
post #7 of 19

i'm sorry, i should have been more clear. i found those cakes in my collection of photos i have downloaded. i did not make them. they are way to good for me to have done icon_smile.gif

funkychica1_2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funkychica1_2004 Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 12:06pm
post #8 of 19

I would definitely go for a whimsical cake...there's a great section under wedding cakes in the gallery that could give you ideas.

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 4:26am
post #9 of 19

Did we ever get to see the finished cake?

Nexus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nexus Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:27pm
post #10 of 19

I also agree w/the whimsical idea for the cake. I think those colors are awesome together (And im not a fan of pink!)

I also like the poodle w/the shopping girl. Its hard to figure out what to make it w/out knowing a theme other then color or what SHE likes. But i mean typical 16 year old is shopping icon_biggrin.gif! or it was for me when I was!

the zebraa stripes in maybe black w/pink bg (or whatever way you wanna look at it) would really stand out and some pearls, and i LOVE the idea of the boa those are so pretty.

That is awesome about the cake though no limits! Thats the best customer!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:36pm
post #11 of 19

I have a black and white whimsy cake in my photos (i will try to attach) you could make something like that and add or replace some of the black with pink maybe? Just an idea.....

oops just realized this was an old post

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:52am
post #12 of 19

I know I'm a NOOB, but what about also decorating it with tlypical 16yo stuff, clothing on hangers, shoes, cell phone, purse and other stuff.

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:03am
post #13 of 19

Redsoxgirl, Do you mind sharing the website where you found that last cake? I love it!!!!

Michie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michie21 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:06am
post #14 of 19

What about a tier cake decorated with fondant cut outs of shoes and purses. You can always color or paint to shoes and purses to make them kind of funky looking, maybe even copy some of the latest styles from the "hot' designers of the season? In my area designer bags are really big!

Good luck and I can't wait to see a picture of whatever you make! It's gonna be a great Birthday cake!!

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:42am
post #15 of 19

I vote for zebra stripes.

It will be a definite attention getter and all the 16-year olds (ahem, and older) will love it.

I really like the idea about using marabou feathers as trim somewhere too.

This cake is going to be really fun I think!

Good luck!

funkychica1_2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funkychica1_2004 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:33pm
post #16 of 19

i love the zebra striped cake!

queenamy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenamy Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:11pm
post #17 of 19

zebra cake is cute

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:17pm
post #18 of 19

You should PM Doug.

He is amazing with some of the ideas that he can come up with. I needed a graduation cake for a girl who loves team rowing and I wanted to get a "WOW" effect, so Doug gave me a wonderful concept and I was able to implement it with no problems and orders have double since then.

Good luck!

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:15pm
post #19 of 19

Yea but are 16 year old girls into zebra stripes? Maybe if you can consult with parents to find out her fashion style? Trendsetter, goth, girly, or what then you can match it to suit her more?

While we like the zebra stripes, you never know if a 16 year old will like them.

But you can always do the crossgrain design which is popular and the polka dots.

For inspiration, you should look at some graphics at pinktagillustrations.com or pinktagillustration.com, can't remember if it has an s on it or not. She has a girl with pink outfits. Saying something like "Girls who wear pink Rock", I forget though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%