Sno Cone Theme

Decorating By MandyE Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 10:51pm by aurasmom

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 10

My cousin is having a birthday party for her 3 year old little girl and the theme is Sno Cones. Any ideas for a cake (other than a cake shaped like a giant sno cone - which is all I can come up with)?

9 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 10

I think the giant sno-cone idea is great! Or you could even do sno-cone shaped cupcakes! You could also do a sheetcake or any other shape (square, round, stacked, etc) and make little different colored and flavored sno-cones from fondant or modeling chocolate(so they can eat them) to put all over the cake! The cake could also have a beautiful rainbow of colors to it - swirled, striped, curved, overlapping shapes, etc. HTH!

MandyE Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks Renaejrk! I think you've just started my creative juices flowing again. Still tinkering around with ideas in my head, but it's coming together. It's hard to be creative when i'm supposed to be working! icon_lol.gif

Thanks again!

If anyone has any other ideas I'm ALWAYS open to any suggestions. icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 10

I think I would have to try and bake in the pointed ice cream cones and decorate them with wild bright colors of icing. (Just not sure how to get the pointed cones to remain upright in the oven) I use the flat bottom ones for cake cones.

Ok still thinking outloud on this....
what if you bake cupcakes and put them in the cones after they were done??

MandyE Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 10

newtodecorating - I thought of that too. Any thoughts though on how to make the cake look like ice?! I don't want them to end up looking like ice cream cones instead, you know? I'm having a really hard time with this one! I think that's why she's asking me to do it! icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 10

What about those giant cake sparkles?

MandyE Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 10

Oooh, yeah! Hadn't thought of those! Do I just put those on top of my icing? I've never used them before. Know of anywhere online I can get them for less than the Wilton ones at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? Thanks for your help!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 10

Yeah you just sprinkle them ontop of your wet icing and they will stick. I know I have seen them in my grocery store. Probably cheaper though with a 50 % off at Michaels or A C Moore.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 10

what about rice crispy balls, I think they would have the texture you're looking for.

aurasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aurasmom Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:51pm
post #10 of 10

I have gotten the large sugar crystals from Wilton at our Walmart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%