Any Diabetics Decorating???

Decorating By debsuewoo Updated 17 Jul 2006 , 5:31am by regymusic

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 3:52am
post #1 of 2

I know that I can not be the only diabetic who has lost all common sense and decorates cakes. Sometimes it is sooooooooo hard not to taste the goodies that I make, but I have to be honest and tell you all that I do cheat a little bit. It's a good thing that I don't do a lot of cakes! Anyway, lately I have taken to wearing gloves because I know that if I feel the icing on my skin, I'm doomed! Even if I can be good and not eat the frosting, I feel as if the sugar seeps into my blood via my skin. I know it doesn't happen that way, but my goodness, I am really trying to be a good girl! I have found, though, that if I make it, I tend to not want to eat it.

If you are diabetic, how do you avoid eating so much sugar that your blood A1C stays at a good level? If you are having trouble managing your blood level, maybe we can get a support group going here?

1 reply
regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 5:31am
post #2 of 2

I'm not diabetic, but have had several requests to make a 'diabetic' cake. I had to turn down the requests. Does anybody have any cake and icing recipies that won't cause a diabetic coma.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%