How Do I Transfer An Image Onto A Cake?

Decorating By collin16 Updated 22 Jun 2005 , 3:12pm by Catt

collin16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
collin16 Posted 31 May 2005 , 2:06am
post #1 of 11

i want to do a classic pooh cake, how do i transfer the image onto a cake? i've read you use a coloring sheet? i am clueless asi have never done this before.
thanks!
\\Jami

10 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 31 May 2005 , 2:19am
post #2 of 11

click on articles and look at the butter cream transfer tutorial.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 31 May 2005 , 2:21am
post #3 of 11
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 31 May 2005 , 2:22am
post #4 of 11

oops, you beat me to it susan...Thanks!

collin16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
collin16 Posted 31 May 2005 , 2:33am
post #5 of 11

thanks so much ladies! this was just was i was looking for. so you just add it onto the cake like that? is it easy?
i'll give it a try tomorrow!
Jami

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 31 May 2005 , 2:36am
post #6 of 11

no problem...... i gues it depends on what picture you are using on if its easy or not. i have only done oone and it was fairly easy. the more you practice the easier it gets.

montanakate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanakate Posted 31 May 2005 , 3:10am
post #7 of 11

Try to start on images that have as few lines as possible, you know fewer details. That makes it easier to begin with, and you won't get discouraged. They are very fun to do and extremely versatile.

shannon13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon13 Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 1:06am
post #8 of 11

I'm new to cake decorating and I don't know the best way of doing things - is the best way to transfer an image to use piping gel?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 5:24am
post #9 of 11

piping gel or the toothpick method. (poking holes into wax paper then putting wax paper on top of cake and pressing to make the holes imprint on cake...and then do dot to dot or sprinkle powdered cocoa, sugar into holes while on cake.... kind of like a stencil)

shannon13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon13 Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 10:58am
post #10 of 11

Thanks for that tip! I'm just finishing Course 3 and the only way that I knew how to transfer the image was with piping gel!

Catt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Catt Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 11

my husband bought me a Projecta Scope w/extention arm to clamp to a table. You can put small pictures of almost any clip art color or black and white in it and project it on top of the cake. I did a bridal shower sheet cake that way. It had two flying doves holding a ribbon between them. I outlined it with #3 tip and buttercreme icing for writing. Then I filled in similar to doing character cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%