Need Idea For Redneck Birthday

Decorating By BoothsBest Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 5:25pm by MandyE

BoothsBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoothsBest Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 22

I have been asked to make a cake for my BIL's birthday. They want to have a redneck theme party, and want me to help decorate for the party too. I was thinking of an outhouse for the cake, but I don't know. Any suggestions or ideas? for cake or otherwise.

21 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 22

out house could be fun..

make it a "double wide" -- as in a two-seater.

then can do a gag on the b-day of:

for your b-day -- we've upgraded the outhouse -- since you're going to be even more full of it

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 22

When I think of redneck I think beer, usually busweiser, walmart, old double wide trailers, old trucks, guns, ammo, deer, fishing, camo.

I found this great site that has tons of redneck pics where you could get tons of ideas.

I would love to this cake when you are done.

http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/index.html

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 22

When I think of redneck I think beer, usually busweiser, walmart, old double wide trailers, old trucks, guns, ammo, deer, fishing, camo.

I found this great site that has tons of redneck pics where you could get tons of ideas.

I would love to this cake when you are done.

http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/index.html

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 22

I've seen a picture of a supposed redneck wedding (it's a fake icon_wink.gif ) and the cake was twinkies and ding dongs stacked up on a wedding cake type of set up with tiers. That way you could use your leftover time to decorate!

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 22

What about the Jeff Foxworthy "You might be a redneck when..." kind of thing? That might be really funny. I just love the picture on the front of those books. Also there is Larry the Cable Guy's signature saying " Git er Done"

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 22

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=2&productId=625280
A candy mold for you. icon_lol.gif

Make sure you have some shotguns and maybe a woman in a strapless or halter top and regular bra. icon_eek.gif

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:17am
post #8 of 22

A broken down pickup with weeds growing up the sides. icon_smile.gif I see a lot of trucks with Nascar and confederate flags flying proud up here.

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 6:49am
post #9 of 22

I wanted to do this one for my husband but didn't ge tto have a party. I was going to make a toilet cake or else a trailer (with the hitch still attached). Or you could make a can of Spam.... so many ideas so little time icon_smile.gif

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 6:54am
post #10 of 22

Decorations could be: Clothes hung on clothesline, plastic lawn ornament, you could have a spam carving contest, give gag gifts of fly swatters, crown the double wide king/queen Or Trailer park king/queen. Put aluminum foil on windows and sheets for curtains. Park a vehicle and serve drinks out of the back.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 7:06am
post #11 of 22

I've seen an actual picture of an air conditioning unit hanging out the back window of a truck.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:24am
post #12 of 22

I vote for a car up on blocks ( easy carving on square cake) then bake two cupcakes and carve them into the plumber-butt backside of a guy bent over the engine compartment. icon_biggrin.gif

Fiddlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fiddlegirl Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:54am
post #13 of 22

I live among a bunch of rednecks....you could do a camo pickup truck that looks spray-painted. I've seen several! icon_biggrin.gif

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:17pm
post #14 of 22

For teh broadcast of the the last Blue Collar Comedy tour, I did a traditional red pickup truck, with a gun rack in the back window, etc....pretty easy and everyone thought it was fun. It's in my photos

I do love the double wide out house idea, too!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:20pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Quote:

CAREFUL! WalMart is MY friend!! LOL

Beth in KY

BoothsBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoothsBest Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:25pm
post #16 of 22

Thanks for all the great ideas. I can't decide which I like best. I knew my CC friends would come through. It sounds as if some of you have visited some of my family recently. icon_lol.gif

Thanks

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:07pm
post #17 of 22

Flannel, red flannel.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:32pm
post #18 of 22

HOw about a trailer house with a stove pipe going out the window? Make sure the siding is peeling off. People really do this, I know of several houses like this withing a 15 mile radius of our house. icon_lol.gif

bibbyrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbyrat Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:58pm
post #19 of 22

now I am homesick... usaribbon.gif

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #20 of 22

I immediately thought trailer/mobile home, weeds, car on blocks in the yard, empty beer cans and other 'trash' strewn around the yard. I couldn't pull it off, I'm not that talented. Maybe you can. icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:08pm
post #21 of 22

If you do the trailer make sure you have old tires and broken down washing machine in the yard. That would be my inlaws house! You could also do the Rebel Flag

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:25pm
post #22 of 22

OMG, msladybug, that website is a freakin' riot! Thanks for the laughs! I'm literally in tears over here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%