I Need A Good Very Moist Pound Cake Recipe

Baking By tame Updated 17 Jul 2006 , 3:30am by tame

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 11

Hi guys

I recently make a pound cake using the dh yellow cake mix and follow the recipe on the side of the box for the pound cake. Yet, I was told by my customer the cake was dry and not moist. I want to make this person another one she does not know it yet but I want to make sure it is moist and good. Please help

10 replies
Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 11

Have you tried adding yogurt? Like one 8 ounce container? Just the plain or vanilla stuff? I have heard this makes'em moist icon_wink.gif
Yogurt is part of the cake extender recipe, which is what I use and boy are they dense and moist!

tame Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 11

do i use the yogurt instead of the pudding.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 11

If it doesnt need to be scratch here is one...

I got this from wilton site and I think it is bunnywoman's recipe. I made it once and it was very moist, but FYI it took considerably longer to bake...
1 package of any flavor cake mix
1 package complimentary instant pudding (4 serving sz)
1 cup whole milk
1 cup crisco oil
4 large eggs
Blend on low about 1 minute then 2 minutes on medium, scraping often

bake at 325

This is the recipe I usually use. makes a really moist cake as well and fairly dense.
1 package any flavor plus all of the ingredients called for on the box
in addition:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oil (or butter-I use butter and beat it before adding the other ingredients)
2/3 cup water (or milk-I use milk)

blend low 1 minute blend medium 2 minutes

Bake at 350 for smaller cakes, 325 larger. Bake around the normal time frame, but I find it takes a few minutes longer.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 11

Oh and I forgot to add that the 2nd recipe I also got from wilton site I think it was by auzzi? I believe it is called extendacake pound cake. it makes about 7 1/2 cups of batter.

tame Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 1:07am
post #6 of 11

Thanks Guys

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 11

I recently made a "Sand Castle" cake using the sand castle pan from Williams Sonoma. I used their "Vanilla Sand Castle Cake" recipe, which you can find on their website. YUMMY YUMMY pound cake. It was not hard to make and did not take any outrageous ingredients. I want to make this again & again icon_smile.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 11

this is an extremely moist and flavorful pound cake from scratch, she will absolutely love it, the secret ingredient is cream cheese.

POUND CAKE

1 box butter or white mix (i've tried it with both)
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water plus 2 TB
1 (8 ounce) softened cream cheese
3 eggs
1 stick of softened butter OR 3/4 cup of oil

add cream cheese and mix for a few seconds, then add rest of ingredients. bake 325

*i've made this using the butter cake with one stick of butter and also used it with the white cake mix and 3/4 cup of oil, both turn out well.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:19pm
post #9 of 11

This is the one from this site that I have been using and it is AWESOME....

Country Pound Cake

Serves/Yields: 1 - 10 inch tube pan. (14 servings)
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: Pound Cakes
Difficulty: easy

This a really good down-home style, back to basics pound cake that my whole family enjoys! This recipe was handed down to me with the stipulation of placing the cake in a cold oven, and it turns out perfectly every time.

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 2/3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract

1 Do not preheat the oven. Grease 10 inch tube pan and line bottom with wax paper or parchment paper.

2 Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

3 In a large bowl, beat the butter, shortening, and sugar on low speed for 10 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk, mixing well. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts.

4 Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 1 hour. Remove to a cake rack and cool for at least 3 hours.

Source: Morgan
Contributed by: on Wednesday, May 05. 2004 at 10:48:12

More Recipes of

Please take a second and rate this recipe:

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:05am
post #10 of 11

oops! meant to say NOT from scratch.

tame Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 3:30am
post #11 of 11

Merrisa

I tried the recipe for the first pound cake you mention today. It came out very moist and it is a very dense cake. I let it cook for 60 min. The only problem was that i found it to have some dough spot at the top of the cake. Still is is a recipe that I know I will be using again My goal is to try all the recipe that was given in this post

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Merrisa
Thanks also to everyone else I haven't gotten around to the other recipe yet but I plan to try all of them within the next two weeks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%