Cheesecake Wedding Cakes??????

Decorating By spoiledtoodef Updated 16 Jul 2006 , 7:44pm by knoxcop1

spoiledtoodef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledtoodef Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 9

Hello...I have heard of several people requesting a cheesecake for their wedding cake. My question is how are they decorating the cheesecake to resemble a regular wedding cake. What type of icing do you use? I have had some request for cheesecake but not sure how to create.

I know if anyone knows.....it would be here to get the answers I need.

TIA>>>>>>Kim

8 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 9

I've done 1 wedding cheesecake and it was on the floating tiers stand and I just had sugared fruit on top of each layer and around the bottoms of each tier. If I can come up with my picture I will post it.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 9

I made a cheesecake wedding cake last July 4th. The bride was a very minimalist person. I did not have to embelish the cake a lot. I used a crusting cream cheese icing on the cakes. She wanted a plain shell border and I piped vertical lines on the sides of the cake. It was displayed on glass cake stands woven with sage green ribbon. They turned out really nice, I must say icon_lol.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 9

I'm doing one for next Friday.

It's a 6, 9, and 12" on the floating tiers, different flavors of cheesecake in each.

I'm using Rose Levy B's white chocolate cream cheese frosting, which is AWsome and exactly the shade as the cakes, plus it won't taste like frosting...putting white chocolate dipped strawberries around the edges and roses (her request) on top and a red sheer ribbon around the bases.

Should be neat! I'll post pics of course! icon_smile.gif

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 9

You can make them look just like a wedding cake - even stack them!! The trick is to (of course make them in springform pans) and put the cheesecakes on cardboard like you would regular tiers. Use a cream cheese frosting to "ice the sides and top - and do borders - add roses etc.

If you want detailed instructions - there is a book that has a cheesecake wedding cake in it - it's Dede Wilson's "The Wedding Cake Book" - she has two (books about wedding cakes), so make sure you're getting the right one - our library has her books, maybe yours does too. Good luck!

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 9

I just did one. I baked them in my Magic Line cake pans (you don't have to use springforms), put the tiers together like I would any other cake, iced the tiers with SMBC and piped designs on them.

spoiledtoodef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledtoodef Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 7:19am
post #7 of 9

Thank you all for you help. I guess my main concern was how would it taste having a cheesecake they putting icing over it. I thought it would take away from the cheesecake flavor that we all love. So can you use BC icing over the cheesecake or is there a certain icing you use to cover the cakes? What about fondant? I know I have alot of questions....One other ?, you know when you cook a cheesecake they sometime fall in the middle. What do you use to level off the cake?

Dydemus, thanks and I will look for D. Wilson's book....

Thanks again, Kim

quills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quills Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 9

We had white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for our wedding cake 11 years ago - I still remember how delicious it was. The best part was that the top tier was awesome when we defrosted it for our first anniversary. The hotel that made ours did slightly extravagant buttercream work on it (not really my style, but what did I know back then?). In any event, the BC didn't detract at all, IMHO.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 9

Cheesecakes are the biggest part of my business. I do a LOT of them for the cabins in the mountains! icon_smile.gif

You can actually frost them with several different types of frostings. For the WHITEST frosting, I use white mountain. It's basically just a homemade marshmallow creme. Easy to flavor, but impossible to pipe/decorate with, unless it sits out for about a day to "cure." I use it for a base, though. Doesn't interrupt the cheesecake flavor at all.

When they fall in the middle, it's because the oven temp/moisture factor isn't exactly right. Takes a while to get 'em perfectly level on top.

I use a sour cream topping to "fill in" when that happens!

--Knox--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%