Photoshop Or Adobe??? Which Is Best?

Decorating By gibson Updated 14 Jul 2006 , 5:18am by gibson

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 13

Need some help deciding which program to buy........please help! this is for edible images.......which is the most friendly? I'm not very computer savy....

12 replies
cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 13

i find photoshop a real pain to deal with...i can't even figure it out...i dont even bother with it anymore...

i havent used adobe though..,.maybe someone else has had better luck

vpaz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vpaz24 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 13

I agree. I haven't used Adobe, but anything has to be better than Photo Shop. It's not very user friendly.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 13

Adobe.
icon_wink.gif

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 13

Aren't they the same? Isn't it called "Adobe photoshop?"

lasidus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasidus1 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 13

adobe what? isn't that a brand? adobe makes photoshop i thought...
personally, i like photoshop. sure it takes a bit of playing to figure out, but thats fun.

my boyfriend likes paintshop pro (especially version 6, and 7 is ok). he says it is very user-friendly. i haven't used it, so take his word for it

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:51pm
post #7 of 13

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0
I really like it, NOW that I have a book on how to use it. The manual that comes with it is worthless, and just makes you frustrated.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 13

I use Adobe Photoshop CS2. It was frustrating at first, but I took a couple of hours and just played with stuff. I still don't know how to do everything, but i found out there are free tutorials out there to do just about anything in adobe photoshop that you could want to do. Now that I have a basis, I really enjoy using it.

Leily

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:50pm
post #9 of 13

Adobe PhotoShop is not for beginners. I believe you might be referring to Paint Shop Pro. This is a Corel program, and user-friendly. It is $1100 cheaper than Adobe PhotoShop.

You can get a free trial of PSP at http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Trials/Login&pid=1047025487586&cid=1047025490241

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:55pm
post #10 of 13

For making edible images, I use a free program called Photofiltre. There are several free ones online that work really well for edible imaging. I think GIMP is another one.

www.photofiltre.com

redsoxgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redsoxgirl Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 12:02am
post #11 of 13

I am a graphic designer and use photoshop daily. while it may give you better quality it is VERY expensive and very complicated. BUT it is great for touching up photos if you want to put the time into learning the software. i LOVE photoshop but for this, i would recommend a less expensive, more user friendly software.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 12:05am
post #12 of 13

I had Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 and just upgraded to 4.0 (Costco has it for $79.99 with a $40 rebate). It is difficult to learn but I love what I can do to my photos. I've used it for all of my photos in the photo gallery as far as removing the backgrounds and adding a solid background to them. I haven't used it for images yet but it is a really neat program once you get the hang of it.

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 5:18am
post #13 of 13

Sorry everyone, I did mean Paintshop Pro versus Adobe....didn't mean to cause any confusion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%