Always Listen To Your Kids!!

Decorating By yudyspad Updated 16 Jul 2006 , 6:18pm by Samsgranny

yudyspad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yudyspad Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 9

Ok so this isn't so much a disaster as just really funny. It kills my daughter that she never gets to have any of the cakes that I decorate and this night was no exception. I was decorating 2 cakes a few months ago to take to work. Just trying to let people see what I had learn and could do. My kitchen for some reason that night was very active. My husband and daughter both trying to talk to me. Well I had finally finished the butterfly cake iced in dark purple and put it off to the side. I started on the next cake. Yeah I'm moving right along. So I'm all involved in what I'm doing and my daughter asked me a question. I thought she wanted to eat my left over icing and I said sure. So continue on with my decorating. A few minutes later I turn around and my daughter is digging into the CAKE!! AAAHHHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I say...she says You said I could have some of the cake! She had purple icing all over her mouth and teeth...I could't stay mad just laughed so hard my sides hurt. So now anytime she's in the kitchen and ask Mommy a question....I LISTEN!

8 replies
emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

Oh that's funny!!!

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 1:25am
post #3 of 9

That is funny - kids and decorating don't always go hand in hand.

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 1:28am
post #4 of 9

As a mom of four, I totally know what you mean. Way too many times I find myself saying yes to things and I'll think back and can't remember what the question was.

At least we can laugh!

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 9

We may have to envoke the "NO TALKING TO MOMMY WHEN SHE'S DECORATING" rule.

I get into the "decorating zone" and am completely unaware of what is going on around me. Who know's what I've granted permission to the kids to do while in that "zone".

chubbycheeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chubbycheeks Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 9

LOL - just had a similar thing happen to me, except my caked hadn't been iced yet. My 3 year old came down asking "I have that" and I thought he was referring to the cookies!! lol. He pinched a piece of the edge of the cake! Looked like a little mouse took a bite!!

Tina

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 9

FUNNY!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 4:35pm
post #8 of 9

We do have the rule of don't talk to mommy when she's decorating anything. I have three girls, so things can get very stressed with all the estrogen flowing from the walls. They now go to daddy, so I don't turn into the MONSTER.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 6:18pm
post #9 of 9

Very funny! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%